Sooo when’s he gone ?

mistakey

I think it will be after this season. Firing him with two games left doesn’t even leave any time for improvement, and what’s the point when you are already eliminated. 

Before today, I thought we would see a second season out of him. I think there’s a very small chance of that at this point. Lack of improvement, regressed quarterback play, an unhappy locker room, all apparent. He’s gone. On a personal level, I still like the guy but it is not working.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I think it will be after this season. Firing him with two games left doesn’t even leave any time for improvement, and what’s the point when you are already eliminated. 

Before today, I thought we would see a second season out of him. I think there’s a very small chance of that at this point. Lack of improvement, regressed quarterback play, an unhappy locker room, all apparent. He’s gone. On a personal level, I still like the guy but it is not working.

Yup, entering today he needed to go 2-1 to have a chance at staying. And not only did we not win today, but we got our butts kicked and the team clearly quit.

Beating Baltimore next week is the only way Freddie saves his job at this point, IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

I understand the sentiment that Freddie needs to go but the defense really lost this game.  I don't even think it's coaching on that side of the ball either, just not enough horses.  I blame Dorsey for that.

But end of the season.

The defense is once again the main reason we lost - that's three straight games where they played like crap against crap offenses. But the players gave up, and that's on Freddie, IMO.

And I'm still mad about going for the FG (that we missed) when we're down by 11. In many situations I'd be fine with it, but our season was on the line (I mean, it's been over, but whatever), and he settles for a FG when we'd still need another 8 points just to tie the game. He shoulda went down swinging and went for the TD. I would have had more respect for him in that case even if we failed to get a first down.

• Like 2

You guys are gonna be mad pissed when we keep Freddie for another season. Haslems are trying to show a "culture-change" via patience. That's why Hue lasted so long. Freddie will get at least the first six games of next season, Dorsey will be shown the door at the end of the year and then rinse and repeat with a new cast of characters who give us an ephemeral "good feeling." This is what we've signed up for. 

• Like 2

Just now, DawgX said:

The defense is once again the main reason we lost - that's three straight games where they played like crap against crap offenses. But the players gave up, and that's on Freddie, IMO.

And I'm still mad about going for the FG (that we missed) when we're down by 11. In many situations I'd be fine with it, but our season was on the line (I mean, it's been over, but whatever), and he settles for a FG when we'd still need another 8 points just to tie the game. He shoulda went down swinging and went for the TD. I would have had more respect for him in that case even if we failed to get a first down.

At first I was fine with the field goal, but considering our defense forced two punts the entire game, I think Freddie probably needed to think about how he was going to put up 20 more points on the board instead of 11.

• Like 2

If I were owner, Dorsey and Kitchens are already fired.

They are both tremendously bad.

This roster of "real football players" is all sizzle, no steak. Dorsey wasted two years of draft picks in his first year on the job, and continues to **** things up at every available opportunity.

They are both trash, and need to go together. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

yea today was a must win for him, but obv was too much for him to step over a very low bar
soooo

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

This roster of "real football players" is all sizzle, no steak. Dorsey wasted two years of draft picks in his first year on the job, and continues to **** things up at every available opportunity.

Dorsey is persisting with imo, he is better than everyone we had bar Sachi.

7 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Disagree about Dorsey. He's not perfect, but he's brought talent here. We still have holes, but you can only do so much in two offseasons when we were 0-16 the year he was brought in.

If he does fire Kitchens, then he absolutely has to hit on our next hire or he'll obviously be fired.

• Like 1

There's the slimmest of chances Freddie gets fired.

What people seem to be missing is that:

1.) Dorsey doesn't want to hire a HC that can take organizational power. 

2.) Baker is team Freddie

3.) Dorsey put together a lot of the coaching staff and doesn't want to see them leave.

4.) Freddie can still blame or fire other coaches with the (I didn't get to hire my guys; Steve Wilks wasn't my guy).

5.) Freddie can still give up play-calling to save his job.

6.) The Haslam's scared about their perception around the league as having a quick hook.

---

Freddie's coming back. Book it.

• Like 1