Sooo when’s he gone ?

mistakey

6 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

There's the slimmest of chances Freddie gets fired.

What people seem to be missing is that:

1.) Dorsey doesn't want to hire a HC that can take organizational power. 

2.) Baker is team Freddie

3.) Dorsey put together a lot of the coaching staff and doesn't want to see them leave.

4.) Freddie can still blame or fire other coaches with the (I didn't get to hire my guys; Steve Wilks wasn't my guy).

5.) Freddie can still give up play-calling to save his job.

6.) The Haslam's scared about their perception around the league as having a quick hook.

---

Freddie's coming back. Book it.

ok i will bookmark this

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

lol.

Much appreicated.. hahah..

Back it up to the hard drive top just in case...

Then back it up to the super secret one that's hidden in that old shoe box in the attic with the title "College Victories."

thats funny that you think im rich enough to have an attic

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Disagree about Dorsey. He's not perfect, but he's brought talent here. We still have holes, but you can only do so much in two offseasons when we were 0-16 the year he was brought in.

If he does fire Kitchens, then he absolutely has to hit on our next hire or he'll obviously be fired.

If you remove the orange-colored glasses, Dorsey is an abject failure on every move he's made but maybe 4 or 5.

Baker, Odell, Jarvis, Chubb and extending Tretter I guess if you want to count that are the only hits. Everything else is pretty much a miss, if not a complete failure (hiring Freddie being #1 on the list).

He can take his Air Monarchs and GTFO. 

26 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

If you remove the orange-colored glasses, Dorsey is an abject failure on every move he's made but maybe 4 or 5.

Baker, Odell, Jarvis, Chubb and extending Tretter I guess if you want to count that are the only hits. Everything else is pretty much a miss, if not a complete failure (hiring Freddie being #1 on the list).

Ward has had a down year, but was great last year.

Avery looked like a hit. Then he got no playing time this year for whatever reason, and we traded him for a pick higher than what we spent on him for him to not do much in Philadelphia so far.

Bringing in guys like Perriman and Robinson were smart moves that no one thought would work out. Perriman is no longer here and has been a bum for Tampa, but he was relatively good for us. Robinson played well enough last year and you can't fault Dorsey for giving him a one-year prove it deal.

Randall has been just okay this year, but was really good last year. Getting him for Kizer was a steal on Dorsey's part. And it looks like Redwine will likely be Randall's replacement next year.

Draft wise, the only player we can say for sure was a bad pick was Corbett. Dorsey admitted his mistake and moved on from him. And most of our FA signings have been deals that we can easily get out of (Carrie, Hubbard, etc.)

The only other move that looks bad so far is trading Zeitler for Vernon.

Although it will be a bad move on Dorsey's part if we decide not to bring back Schobert.

EDIT: I'd also say bringing in Hunt was a hit when many people thought we didn't need him. He's been one of our only consistently good players on the entire team this year.

Also trading a 3rd down back in Duke Johnson for a third round pick was a pretty damn good move assuming we hit on that pick.

Edited by DawgX
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ditchdigger said:

Baker and Odell are very debatable hits.....

The Baker pick could be done over numerous ways and Odell has been a dud that won't get you back the OLineman, Peppers and the 1st that you gave up to acquire him if you choose to move him

He can take credit for Jarvis and Chubb and that's about it

• Like 1