Sooo when’s he gone ?

mistakey

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think Dorsey fires Freddie.  

I think we need to acknowledge that Dorsey was in an awful spot with Freddie last offseason.  He was obviously not on anyone’s radar as a HC candidate 8 weeks before he was interviewed but by season’s end he had the Browns, THE BROWNS!?!?, trotting out a top 4 overall DVOA offense and our rookie QB looking like a guy who could compete for MVP’s.

If he’d have been allowed to walk and Baker would have regressed regardless, Cleveland Stadium gets burned to the ground.

Yup. He was in a tough spot. It was either hire Freddie even if Dorsey wasn't sure Freddie was ready, or let him go and potentially let our dynamic offense fall apart. Unfortunately, Freddie appears not to be ready and our offense has fallen apart. But if we had moved on from Freddie and our new HC struggled, then people would be calling for Dorsey's head.

Arians was my top choice at the time, and maybe that would have been the right choice as he supposedly would have kept Freddie on as OC. But as far as I know, we didn't even interview Arians IIRC.

If we do move on from Freddie, I'm guessing our next head coach will be one of the following: Mike McCarthy, Ron Rivera, Kevin Stefanski, or the long shot of Lincoln Riley.

22 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Eh I think WRs are important like having a car is important.  Dorsey went out and bought a Lambo before he paid off the mortgage, put money into the retirement fund, put food in the fridge, and bought a decent mattress.  He should have just kept his Accord that was getting him from point A to B.  Now we are car broke.

But seriously, no better evidence of what you are saying then looking at the other guys put on the field at WR.  Baker is hardly looking Hodges and Ratley way at all, and for God's sake, there is no way a defense thinks we intend to give our ST gunner the ball.  Where is Higgins?  Where is Njoku? Hell, where is Willes?

Edit: Maybe more accurately he sold his mattress and took money out of his 401k to buy somebody's used Lamborghini, and now the tranny is shot.

I don't disagree with your overall point but Willies is injured and Njoku was inactive today. Higgins has been a big disappointment this season. I'm not sure if it's on him, Baker, or the coaching staff just not getting him on the field enough.

52 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol no.

Folks will be calling for his replacement to be fired by halftime on Sunday.

For real it does save us 2 weeks of mind character and brownie man making posts about how he should be fired and I am extremely here for saving the dead horse 

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, mistakey said:

For real it does save us 2 weeks of mind character and brownie man making posts about how he should be fired and I am extremely here for saving the dead horse 

I’m just saying 

you could tell weeks ago he didn’t have it 

but this week was the worst. 

a delay of game on the first play after the kick return is literally the dumbest thing you can possibly do. You deserve to be fired. 

A freaking delay of game.  To me that is absolutely inexcusable you have 7 minutes to decide what you want to do and you get a effin delay of game at the 20. 

you gotta go like you have to be fired if you do that on top of all the other ridiculous stuff this guy has done 

16 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I’m just saying 

a delay of game on the first play after the kick return is literally the dumbest thing you can possibly do. You deserve to be fired. 

A freaking delay of game.  To me that is absolutely inexcusable you have 7 minutes to decide what you want to do and you get a effin delay of game at the 20. 

you gotta go like you have to be fired if you do that on top of all the other ridiculous stuff this guy has done 

yes i did say weeks ago in a GDT that i agreed with you that he probably doesnt have it

46 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I’m just saying 

It’s like you literally script the first 10 plays or so you are going to call. The only way you really Deviate from that is if you find yourself on the goal line for your first snap. 

don’t forget, he almost got called for a delay of game coming out of a challenge a week or two ago but has to burn a timeout.

5 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

He needs to be gone now. I know we can’t just keep firing coaches but we also can’t keep the wrong one either and Freddie is the wrong one

Exactly.

And the more I think about it, the more angry I get. Fire him now please. I know it won't make a difference over the final 2 games, but I don't want to see his face on the sidelines anymore and I have a feeling our players feel similarly.

9 minutes ago, buno67 said:

It’s like you literally script the first 10 plays or so you are going to call. The only way you really Deviate from that is if you find yourself on the goal line for your first snap. 

don’t forget, he almost got called for a delay of game coming out of a challenge a week or two ago but has to burn a timeout.

Yeah he’s been chronically bad about the play clock all season.

I expected it to improve with some time. 

It hasn’t.

12 hours ago, DawgX said:

Yup. He was in a tough spot. It was either hire Freddie even if Dorsey wasn't sure Freddie was ready, or let him go and potentially let our dynamic offense fall apart. Unfortunately, Freddie appears not to be ready and our offense has fallen apart. But if we had moved on from Freddie and our new HC struggled, then people would be calling for Dorsey's head.

Arians was my top choice at the time, and maybe that would have been the right choice as he supposedly would have kept Freddie on as OC. But as far as I know, we didn't even interview Arians IIRC.

If we do move on from Freddie, I'm guessing our next head coach will be one of the following: Mike McCarthy, Ron Rivera, Kevin Stefanski, or the long shot of Lincoln Riley.

What makes you think those coaches want to coach for Dorsey?

every coach on that list would want there own personnel talent evaluator 

how many people want to work for Haslem I will give you a answer zero

8 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

What makes you think those coaches want to coach for Dorsey?

every coach on that list would want there own personnel talent evaluator 

how many people want to work for Haslem I will give you a answer zero

But if your a coach looking at a team, are you really going to think that Dorsey can’t evaluate talent? Everyone In the national media and coaches like BB have raved about the talent the Browns have on offense but that it has been greatly misused. Yeah our OL struggles but there are ways to scheme around that. We actually did it last year but this year, not so much. No one is going to say that Dorsey can’t bring in talent. Biggest thing dorsey has to do now is bring in a vet coach and some vet players

• Like 1