Sooo when’s he gone ?

mistakey

24 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

Baker and Odell are very debatable hits.....

The Baker pick could be done over numerous ways and Odell has been a dud that won't get you back the OLineman, Peppers and the 1st that you gave up to acquire him if you choose to move him

He can take credit for Jarvis and Chubb and that's about it

And Randall for what he paid for him and Hunt.

27 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

Some of these posts are insane. Those wanting to move on from Baker should seek help. Freddie has not been good and our ****ty oline ie part of that.  Baker hasn't been great but those factors have hurt him.

I think a point that you might be missing is that this is what Kitchens has created.

If the OL sucks, as it does, why do you rely on a "game plan" to force the ball to Beckham and not emphasize the run and quick-hitting passes?

And Mayfield's limitations definitely play a part in this failed approach.

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Bringing in guys like Perriman and Robinson were smart moves that no one thought would work out. Perriman is no longer here and has been a bum for Tampa, but he was relatively good for us. Robinson played well enough last year and you can't fault Dorsey for giving him a one-year prove it deal.

Perriman has more than double the TD’s of OBJ fwiw.

I’d rather have Perriman, our first from last April and Peppers than OBJ, I know that much.

• Like 6

I think Dorsey fires Freddie.  

I think we need to acknowledge that Dorsey was in an awful spot with Freddie last offseason.  He was obviously not on anyone’s radar as a HC candidate 8 weeks before he was interviewed but by season’s end he had the Browns, THE BROWNS!?!?, trotting out a top 4 overall DVOA offense and our rookie QB looking like a guy who could compete for MVP’s.

If he’d have been allowed to walk and Baker would have regressed regardless, Cleveland Stadium gets burned to the ground.

• Like 3

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Perriman has more than double the TD’s of OBJ fwiw.

I’d rather have Perriman, our first from last April and Peppers than OBJ, I know that much.

And it's not even close really.

I'm surprised there wasn't as much skepticism about that trade when it happened.  I think a lot of people muted theirs because national perception was so overwhelmingly favorable.

WRs don't win football games really.  They only have so many opportunities to impact the game moreso than a JAG who runs good routes and can catch.  Scheme gets these guys open a lot of the time, and good QBs make accurate throws that gets catches and opportunities for YAC.  I think it should be a basic principle of team building like "don't take RBs in the 1st round" which isn't brought up as often.

2 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

And it's not even close really.

I'm surprised there wasn't as much skepticism about that trade when it happened.  I think a lot of people muted theirs because national perception was so overwhelmingly favorable.

WRs don't win football games really.  They only have so many opportunities to impact the game moreso than a JAG who runs good routes and can catch.  Scheme gets these guys open a lot of the time, and good QBs make accurate throws that gets catches and opportunities for YAC.  I think it should be a basic principle of team building like "don't take RBs in the 1st round" which isn't brought up as often.

I think having a number one who can get open and make plays and draw coverage is important.

I’m not sure having two guys who want/need the ball constantly is a great thing for an offense though.  It’s especially frustrating when it seems as though either the QB, play caller or both are pressing to get those guys the ball instead of just running an offense and letting the touched come organically.

All season Baker has seemed to try to keep OBJ happy and has forced a number of throws his way and has been rewarded a handful of times at most.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think having a number one who can get open and make plays and draw coverage is important.

I’m not sure having two guys who want/need the ball constantly is a great thing for an offense though.  It’s especially frustrating when it seems as though either the QB, play caller or both are pressing to get those guys the ball instead of just running an offense and letting the touched come organically.

All season Baker has seemed to try to keep OBJ happy and has forced a number of throws his way and has been rewarded a handful of times at most.

Eh I think WRs are important like having a car is important.  Dorsey went out and bought a Lambo before he paid off the mortgage, put money into the retirement fund, put food in the fridge, and bought a decent mattress.  He should have just kept his Accord that was getting him from point A to B.  Now we are car broke.

But seriously, no better evidence of what you are saying then looking at the other guys put on the field at WR.  Baker is hardly looking Hodges and Ratley way at all, and for God's sake, there is no way a defense thinks we intend to give our ST gunner the ball.  Where is Higgins?  Where is Njoku? Hell, where is Willes?

Edit: Maybe more accurately he sold his mattress and took money out of his 401k to buy somebody's used Lamborghini, and now the tranny is shot.

Edited by Rod Johnson