Travis Kelce vs George Kittle

Chiefer

Best TE in the League  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Better?

My vote goes to Kelce. He's playing in his 4th 1000 yard season in a row, something no other TE has ever done before him. Both are elite TE, but if i have to chose the best, i have to chose the one who's done it for a longer period of time.

• Like 2

I can easily see the argument either way.  I take Kelce, because he's just such a weapon in the passing game.  But it's probably close enough in impact that i could swing it, if i were intent on building a different type of offense.  They just excel in different ways.

I can easily see the argument either way.  I take Kelce, because he's just such a weapon in the passing game.  But it's probably close enough in impact that i could swing it, if i were intent on building a different type of offense.  They just excel in different ways.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Kelce is something like a 10 out of 10 for receiving and a 6 out of 10 for blocking

Kittle is something like a 9 out of 10 for receiving and an 8 out of 10 for blocking.

All approx.

Give me King George

I don't understand why Kelce would be a 10 for receiving but kittle would be a 9. Kittle is more explosive, better at running routes, and is better with the ball in his hands. We may be splitting hairs here but I don't get it lol 

@Chiefer isn't going to like the result of this thread

ALL HAIL KING GEORGE

• Like 1

They have different strengths in receiving, but I don't really see much that separates them in that regard. Kelce is a better RZ threat while Kittle is better after the catch. But Kittle is a different beast in the run game and on a team that is run heavy, that is crucial. Dude just mauls defenders. 

Give me Kittle.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, N4L said:

I don't understand why Kelce would be a 10 for receiving but kittle would be a 9. Kittle is more explosive, better at running routes, and is better with the ball in his hands. We may be splitting hairs here but I don't get it lol 

@Chiefer isn't going to like the result of this thread

ALL HAIL KING GEORGE

I’ve already stated I think Kittle is better in a different thread🤔

Kelce been dropping the ball all year it’s annoying

Um, where is Zach Ertz? More catches over the past 2 years than either of them. Single season record for catches in a season. Epitome of consistency as he has put together 5 straight years of 70+ catches and 800+ yards (never been done at TE position).  2nd fastest TE to 500 catches, beat out narrowly by the great Winslow. 

Image result for joker makeup gif"

• Like 3

Just like WR’s, receiving is a VERY hard thing to compare. So many different styles. Kittle and Kelce are vastly different receivers. Kelces route tree is large and he’s a little better at running routes. I’d say Kittle is a better security blanket, more powerful, and still a good route runner but runs them with more ferocity. While Kelce is crisp, clean, and a super good agile step breaking off a route to get open. 

Kittle Receiving: 10/10

Kelce Receiving: 9.5/10

Am I too generous? Probably. But these are two of the best receiving TEs I have ever witnessed, although small sample size for Kittle. 

Kittle Blocking: 10/10

Kelce Blocking 6/10

This is where they separate. Kelce is still a pretty decent blocker, he’s definitely not Austin Hooper, Noah Fant, etc. He’s decent, at worst. Can definitely make a argument he’s a good run blocker. 

Kittle is one of the best run blocking TEs I have seen. Once again, small sample size. 

Even with how great Kittle is right now, you can’t say he’s on pace for anything because the sample is so ridiculously small. And we haven’t seen him without Shanahan. Just appreciate what you are seeing with Kittle right now. It’s great.