Travis Kelce vs George Kittle

Chiefer

Best TE in the League  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Better?

9 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

Voting Kelce because I love Kelce. Personal bias most likely, but Kelce has been crushing it 4 years in a row. 

Consistency is key.

Not really a good way to look at it with Kittle being so young.

Look at the first 3 years of their careers. Kittle has had a better start to his career than Kelce did.

• Like 1

Kittle being such a great blocker in addition to his receiving ability is what puts him over the top to me. There was a noticeable difference in the Niners running game when Kittle got injured. I think Kittle might actually be one of the best 5 or 10 all-around football players in the league, he has a lot of responsibility in that offense and is great at everything he is asked to do. You get the feeling they could ask him to play linebacker and he'd be able to do it in a pinch. 

I think Kelce is basically the best possible version of what he's meant to be - the glorified big slot receiver - but like Gronk before him Kittle combines being really good at that with the more old school blocking responsibilities as well. 

On 12/16/2019 at 10:07 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Um, where is Zach Ertz? More catches over the past 2 years than either of them. Single season record for catches in a season. Epitome of consistency as he has put together 5 straight years of 70+ catches and 800+ yards (never been done at TE position).  2nd fastest TE to 500 catches, beat out narrowly by the great Winslow. 

He's on the podium. He's just getting the bronze

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 9:59 AM, Cheesehawk said:

Look at the first 3 years of their careers. Kittle has had a better start to his career than Kelce did.

Exactly. Kittle is only in his third year and has the most receiving yards of any TE in the first three years of their careers with two games to go. 

On 12/17/2019 at 12:00 PM, sammymvpknight said:

I’m going with the only TE of the big three with more receiving TEs than Taysom Hill this year. 

Kittle has had 3 touchdowns called back on penalties this year 

On 12/17/2019 at 11:59 AM, Cheesehawk said:

I mean, that's only if you're counting the year where Kelce was on IR. Their first three years actually playing are incredibly similar. Kittle with a few more yards per game and reception. Kelce with more catches, TDs, and a better catch rate.

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:07 AM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Um, where is Zach Ertz? More catches over the past 2 years than either of them. Single season record for catches in a season. Epitome of consistency as he has put together 5 straight years of 70+ catches and 800+ yards (never been done at TE position).  2nd fastest TE to 500 catches, beat out narrowly by the great Winslow. 

Agree, and if it wasn't for Wentz having to appease his cry baby wide receivers, Ertz would already be well over 1000 yards, and Philly would already be in the playoffs...

But if it's between Kelce and Kittle, I'll take Kittle.  I initially had my doubts if Kittle can be as physical as Kelce, but that has been put to bed...  But all 3 are very much elite...

Edited by frenchie

On 12/19/2019 at 1:41 AM, Jakuvious said:

I mean, that's only if you're counting the year where Kelce was on IR. Their first three years actually playing are incredibly similar. Kittle with a few more yards per game and reception. Kelce with more catches, TDs, and a better catch rate.

On 12/19/2019 at 7:24 AM, Buckweath said:

Question is who is the better player right now.

I fail to see how comparing their first 3 years in their career is relevant when Kelce is now in his 7th season in the league.

Exactly, who the hell cares who had the more impressive start to their careers? The question is who is better NOW. 

9 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Exactly, who the hell cares who had the more impressive start to their careers? The question is who is better NOW. 

I'm not sure why you quoted me for this point. I was simply replying to someone else who brought up the topic of their first 3 years.