Travis Kelce vs George Kittle

Chiefer

Best TE in the League  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Better?

On 1/24/2020 at 3:24 AM, Kirill said:

My guess is (and remember, I'm always right) once Kittle starts getting in the ballpark of where Kelce is now with total yards and TD's, his body will start breaking down and he'll be a less impactful player, like with what happened to Jimmy Graham. If you look at the 5 greatest TE's of all time (Gonzalez, Gronk, Gates, Kelce, Sharpe), they all have a very similar body type.

Kelce isnt Top 5 all time 😂😂😂. Tony G, Gronk, Winslow sr, Sharpe, Gate, Witten and Kittle are all better. 

I'm going to go with Kittle.

Kelce is obviously a great TE, but at the same time he benefits a ton from all the skill talent/weapons other than him on that offense.

Defenses main focus is to make sure that the play doesn't end with Tyreek standing alone in the endzone with the ball in his hand.

That opens up a ton of things for Kelce.

Kittle is by far the most dangerous skill player on SF's offense, and a lot of defensive game plans are literally around trying to contain him.

Kittle is also insane in picking up extra yards after contact.

Edited by Bolts223

Kelce more catches, more yards, and more touchdowns than Kittle in the superbowl, and coming off four consecutive 1000+ yard seasons. Over 1300 yards last season and over 1200 yards this season. He's on the path to being the greatest TE who ever lived.

The near unanimous selection of Kittle is ridiculous and absurd. You all should be ashamed of yourselves right now.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2020 at 2:58 PM, Forge said:

Well, you know, statistics matter and can absolutely show facts. 

They didn't seem to matter much last night, where once again Kelce stepped up in the clutch moments and Kittle was a footnote xD

Plus, how is Kittle even remotely likeable? His tidbits about how he likes to make himself puke before every game, smashes his helmet/head into the wall to "get rid of that first hit since it's always the worst", and a recent quote where he says something about pancaking a guy and feeling their breath exhale is like their soul leaving their body. Or some crap.

Dude is a lunatic and a weirdo.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

They didn't seem to matter much last night, where once again Kelce stepped up in the clutch moments and Kittle was a footnote xD

Plus, how is Kittle even remotely likeable? His tidbits about how he likes to make himself puke before every game, smashes his helmet/head into the wall to "get rid of that first hit since it's always the worst", and a recent quote where he says something about pancaking a guy and feeling their breath exhale is like their soul leaving their body. Or some crap.

Perfect. He looks insane

1 hour ago, lolsurebro said:

They didn't seem to matter much last night, where once again Kelce stepped up in the clutch moments and Kittle was a footnote 

Ohhhh, you're one of those posters. 

Good to know for my own future reference. 

But sure, congrats on the one yard td under busted coverage that has everything in the world to do with what I was talking about regarding the statistics that were being used to qualify other statements as absurd. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

But sure, congrats on the one yard td under busted coverage that has everything in the world to do with what I was talking about regarding the statistics that were being used to qualify other statements as absurd. 

Maybe one day Mahomes will catch Jimmy G in total SB rings/appearances.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

The one yard TD that was granted as a result of DPI on an otherwise amazing catch by Kelce for the TD anyway?

I'm just saying, you can crutch on stats to support a narrative all you want but tenure of making big plays counts for something too.

7 hours ago, lolsurebro said:

Thats actually awesome mentality to have for a TE. I think Kelce has the same mentality, but lite.

Anyways, Kelce's production was happening when Alex was there and KC didnt have Watkins or Hill or anyone else.  I mean Hill was there in 2016, but he was pedestrian and really a 9 route pony who was more impactful as a returner.

Kelce is that dude. Best receiving TE in the game. Blocking for TEs is overrated.

• Like 2