STAN KROENKE

Dan_Bali

One of the worst owners in sports for me.  He's only in the business to enrich his family and he cares little for any of the organizations he owns.  

By all accounts his only hobby is mastruabting to videos of elephants being shot.

How do Rams' fans feel about this POS? Is he equally unpopular with the LA base as the St Louis based fans? 

Does anyone believe last years' success was anything to do with him?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dan_Bali said:

One of the worst owners in sports for me.  He's only in the business to enrich his family and he cares little for any of the organizations he owns.  

By all accounts his only hobby is mastruabting to videos of elephants being shot.

How do Rams' fans feel about this POS? Is he equally unpopular with the LA base as the St Louis based fans? 

Can't speak for all Rams fans, but I'm definitely on the side of him being a POS. I try to forget that he's associated with the team on a daily basis.

That being said, there aren't a lot of owners that I am a fan of. 

3 hours ago, Dan_Bali said:

Did I miss a news story or is this just venting?

He is paying for a brand new stadium. Shelled out the money for McVay, Goff, and Gurley extensions when they looked like they deserved it. I don't want an owner involved in anything football related other than signing checks. Kroenke is fine in my book. Where was this rant coming from? After watching Jerry Jones over insert himself into football operations you would think Kroenke gets praise. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dan_Bali said:

Let's not hobby shame here

• Like 2

Im not going to complain about Kroenke just because the way I see it, he is doing what an owner should do and thats spend what ever resources it takes to make the team successful. There are alot of owners who wouldve never got McVay or never signed off on bringing in a Suh, Peters, Talib, Cooks, and Fowler Jr. from last season to help make that Superbowl run. Alot of owners wouldve never signed off on making that big move to trade up to get Goff or draft Gurley (a running back in the top 10 which at the time we know backs rarely was being drafted that high). Like Kroenke signed off on all those things. He wants to do whatever it takes for this team to win or else he wouldnt be signing off on these moves. I think you are looking at this because this season hasnt been what we thought it would be but it doesnt say this team is going to be terrible moving forward. Like do you think the Higbee signing was bad? He has had 3 straight 100yd games and showing why when he was drafted the comparisons to Greg Olsen was warranted. We know before Everett got hurt he was looking good. So the Rams have two legit tight ends to diversify the offense. We know what Woods and Kupp bring to the table. The fact that Cooks havent been much of a factor we know that wont last. I get why fans press the panic button when things dont look right in the moment. The same way fans think their team is the greatest of all time when things are looking great at the moment. Fan is short for fanatic. We cant be too high or too low. Im certainly not going to look at this one season and think any different of this team. If the Rams go (10-6) we are going to look back at this season years from now and say the Rams worst season under McVay was (10-6) and thats not bad at all considering we say Payton worst season with the Saints (7-9) three straight seasons, Carroll worst season with the Seahawks was what (7-9) and they made the playoffs lol. Reid worst season was (4-12) his last season with the Eagles. Belichick third season with the Patriots he went (9-7) and oh btw that was the year after they beat the Rams in the Superbowl. So they followed an (11-5) Superbowl year with a (9-7) record. Thats the great Belichick and Brady with that great defense they had. So no the Rams structure is just fine.

I’m one of the few that actually like him. 

First because he brought football back to LA 

then because he doesn’t seem to get involved in football operations that much. 

He is building the worlds best stadium. He is not frugal when it comes to spending money on the Rams. 

All you can really ask from an owner.

Could’ve been worse. A lot worse 

• Like 3

To be honest, I’m saying this as an extremely disgruntled Arsenal fan who is livid about a foreign owner ruining a proud English football club.  

To the naked eye, it appears he is draining revenue from Arsenal to pay for the Rams new stadium.  Obviously, this won’t overly concern you, but it is almost criminal to see someone destroy a sports club though their own selfish ambition/aims.

He’s scum, sub-human scum

23 hours ago, Dan_Bali said:

Lol wut? 

26 minutes ago, Dan_Bali said:

To the naked eye, it appears he is draining revenue from Arsenal to pay for the Rams new stadium

Kronke has stupid money and his wife is part of the family that owns Walmart. Do you honestly think he needs to take money from some small little island far away to build a stadium in California?? 

Would love to hear @ramssuperbowl99s thoughts lol 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

I’m one of the few that actually like him. 

First because he brought football back to LA 

then because he doesn’t seem to get involved in football operations that much. 

He is building the worlds best stadium. He is not frugal when it comes to spending money on the Rams. 

All you can really ask from an owner.

Could’ve been worse. A lot worse 

5 hours ago, Dan_Bali said:

He’s scum, sub-human scum

Both can be true. 

Kroenke is a lying sack of garbage. I actually hate myself that I still root for the team as much as I do. But I've invested 20+ years in the Rams, I just don't care enough to start rooting for some random team...like yay I'm a Bills fan now! Screw that. I keep justifying it by saying "I root for the Player, not the owner."..... But fack Stan Kroenke. The entire move from St. Louis to LA was dirty. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Kroenke is a lying sack of garbage. I actually hate myself that I still root for the team as much as I do. But I've invested 20+ years in the Rams, I just don't care enough to start rooting for some random team...like yay I'm a Bills fan now! Screw that. I keep justifying it by saying "I root for the Player, not the owner."..... But fack Stan Kroenke. The entire move from St. Louis to LA was dirty. 

No, it wasn't. The team sucked from 2005 until it left in 2016. During that time, the fans stopped going to games and the Rams became 3rd tier in that city to the Cardinals and Blues. Fan bases like the Browns, Raiders, Lions have had garbage for a LONG time, but still show up to games. St.Louis did not show the same type of support and diverted their attention elsewhere.

The city fell on hard times and didn't put up money for a new stadium which was in the contract that they had signed in 1995. Fine. Fair. But with no fan support and no financial support the decision the move the team back to LA was an easy one for Kroenke.

I saw the Rams play the Cardinals in StL in 2014 and Browns in 2015. It was pitiful. Walked around the city looking for Rams gear, a Rams bar, ANYTHING, and it didn't exist.

Not saying you didn't support personally, but the fanbase as a whole bailed. I root for this team from NJ since I was born in 1989 and I feel no pity for a city who lost their team cause of a lack of support. I travel the country to see this team and some fans couldn't go down the street. It's pitiful. 

• Like 1