Is Ryan Anderson the Most Improved Player?

turtle28

7 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Woz this isn't the 1st season they have tried to get better pass rushers while Anderson has been here. Just admitt No One has EARNED the backup role over Anderson since he was drafted. 

So what your saying is that Washington has tried multiple times to improve their pass rushers (the position Anderson nominally plays) over top of Anderson and that the former second round pick "earned" his backup role? Okay then ...

I guess by the logic of this thread Anderson may be the most improved since he has gone from deserving to being cut (almost was) to "earning" a back up roster spot? And that there is no one on the face of this green Earth that can take that spot away from him.

Good to know.

Seriously? He’s a marginal nfl player. I like that he works hard and has a knack dating back to college to get fumble recoveries. He has one really good game against a third string tackle He’s limited athletically-marginal nfl player. 

the most improved players? Flowers, Terry M, Sims, that rook right guard. Terry M, was the third or fourth best receiver on his college to Sims and the guard were questionable to make the roster. 

but I do say it’s very hard to judge any of our defensive players under Manusky. I believe they have the dubious distinction of replacing the winless lions defense as the worst on 3rd downs in modern nfl history. 

6 minutes ago, Woz said:

I am trying to parse this.

Me saying that Anderson makes the roster if you trade Kerrigan is an excuse? He's the 4th best OLB. If you remove one ahead of him then he becomes 3rd best and his chances of making the roster go way up. If that doesn't happen, then I think he has to worry about losing his roster spot to a random UDFA. Not exactly sure how counting and ranking people is an excuse but okay. At the same time, you were crowing about how no one has beaten out Anderson for his roster spot but you don't seem to grasp that Anderson hasn't beaten out Kerrigan and neither has Young (since he isn't even on the roster yet).

I have no earthly idea how Trent Williams got mixed into this. I would love to keep Trent if he was willing to play under his existing contract (it was all Allen and the misdiagnosis and not a contract power play, right?) but I don't know if that is the case. I also have no idea what his being traded or not has to do with the other side of the ball.

The sameway Anderson didnt beat Smith, Kerrigan, or Sweat. No one beat Anderson. Trading Kerrigan is a business decision not one to just bump Anderson up on the roster or guarantee him a spot. 

I mentioned Williams because you had no problem with him not returning (I don't care the reasoning) the point is without him it put Haskins at risk. Something I'm not a fan of. Losing Kerrigan with Young, Sweat, and Anderson makes more sense than letting Williams go because he wants more money or had a problem with Bruce Allen. 

Anyhow Main Point is NO ONE HAS BEATEN ANDERSON FOR HIS BACKUP ROLE IN 3 SEASONS. #Facts

4 minutes ago, Doc Draper said:

the most improved players? Flowers, Terry M, Sims, that rook right guard. Terry M, was the third or fourth best receiver on his college to Sims and the guard were questionable to make the roster. 

McLaurin, Sims, and Wes Martin don't qualify for most improved as they were all rookies.

However, you are probably on point that Flowers should be the "most improved" since he was on the verge of being done in the NFL before h moved inside.

10 minutes ago, Woz said:

So what your saying is that Washington has tried multiple times to improve their pass rushers (the position Anderson nominally plays) over top of Anderson and that the former second round pick "earned" his backup role? Okay then ...

Now your hoping back on what your initially bothered by Him being a 2nd round pick who seems to be a backup. I agree he was picked to high, but I also stand by No One has Taken his job from him. 

11 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:
24 minutes ago, Woz said:

I am trying to parse this.

Me saying that Anderson makes the roster if you trade Kerrigan is an excuse? He's the 4th best OLB. If you remove one ahead of him then he becomes 3rd best and his chances of making the roster go way up. If that doesn't happen, then I think he has to worry about losing his roster spot to a random UDFA. Not exactly sure how counting and ranking people is an excuse but okay. At the same time, you were crowing about how no one has beaten out Anderson for his roster spot but you don't seem to grasp that Anderson hasn't beaten out Kerrigan and neither has Young (since he isn't even on the roster yet).

I have no earthly idea how Trent Williams got mixed into this. I would love to keep Trent if he was willing to play under his existing contract (it was all Allen and the misdiagnosis and not a contract power play, right?) but I don't know if that is the case. I also have no idea what his being traded or not has to do with the other side of the ball.

The sameway Anderson didnt beat Smith, Kerrigan, or Sweat. No one beat Anderson. Trading Kerrigan is a business decision not one to just bump Anderson up on the roster or guarantee him a spot. 

I mentioned Williams because you had no problem with him not returning (I don't care the reasoning) the point is without him it put Haskins at risk. Something I'm not a fan of. Losing Kerrigan with Young, Sweat, and Anderson makes more sense than letting Williams go because he wants more money or had a problem with Bruce Allen. 

I literally just said that if his problem was Allen and the training staff that I would welcome him back. I would absolutely love to see him play and protect the heck out Haskins' blindside. The problem is that I don't think he will come back on his existing contract with out getting more money and I am not sure I would be willing to do that, especially after his hold out.

Anyhow Main Point is NO ONE HAS BEATEN ANDERSON FOR HIS BACKUP ROLE IN 3 SEASONS. #Facts

You know what? I will concede this point. He is a backup quality player who has not been beaten out by other backup quality players to date. Sure it may have required his competitors to become injured at inopportune moments but he was the 4th best OLB on the roster when it was set.

Of course that doesn't mean he won't be beat out in the future since he just of backup quality.

Now your hoping back on what your initially bothered by Him being a 2nd round pick who seems to be a backup. I agree he was picked to high, but I also stand by No One has Taken his job from him. 

Rejoice in His Backupness's reign! There can be no one on Earth who can replace his 30% of snaps and special teams play! None!

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

I literally just said that if his problem was Allen and the training staff that I would welcome him back. I would absolutely love to see him play and protect the heck out Haskins' blindside. The problem is that I don't think he will come back on his existing contract with out getting more money and I am not sure I would be willing to do that, especially after his hold out.

You know what? I will concede this point. He is a backup quality player who has not been beaten out by other backup quality players to date. Sure it may have required his competitors to become injured at inopportune moments but he was the 4th best OLB on the roster when it was set.

Of course that doesn't mean he won't be beat out in the future since he just of backup quality.

That's what backup do. Come in when players are injured, tired, ect. He did his job and did it well. Keep your hope alive for that mystery Future Player that's taken his backup spot. 

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

That's what backup do. Come in when players are injured, tired, ect. He did his job and did it well. Keep your hope alive for that mystery Future Player that's taken his backup spot. 

Say it with me now: one game.

We'll see.