Week 16: Packers (11-3) at VIKINGS (10-4)

swede700

Sucks that I have to work during this entire game, but I'll be wearing my Vikings cap and rooting for the good guys.

Too bad the game doesn't count for as much as it could have. We still have an outside chance to win the NFC North, but we would need to beat both the Packers and Bears, and then the Packers would have to drop a game to the incompetent and Stafford-less Lions in Week 17.

At best, I think we'll have to settle for second place in the division and the 5th playoff seed.

4 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Sucks that I have to work during this entire game, but I'll be wearing my Vikings cap and rooting for the good guys.

Too bad the game doesn't count for as much as it could have. We still have an outside chance to win the NFC North, but we would need to beat both the Packers and Bears, and then the Packers would have to drop a game to the incompetent and Stafford-less Lions in Week 17.

At best, I think we'll have to settle for second place in the division and the 5th playoff seed.

y*so*blu, your color doesn't look too good.  Are you sure you're feeling well?  I think you should probably call in sick for the night and take care of yourself.  ;)

You're right that the game probably won't matter too much, but it's still nice to keep Rodgers and the Packers out of the win column in US Bank Stadium. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Don't know or care what Pumble means but let's go get a win! Skol Vikings!!

50 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It's completely made-up by someone to give themselves some validation be amusing.

FTFY.

I've actually been working on a more advanced statistical measure myself. It's based on Pumble, but it also incorporates dropped interceptions, muffed punts and illegal shift penalties, as well as adjustments for opposition, altitude, the angle of the sun and the federal reserve rate. So far it explains 87.5% or 85.7% (can't tell which, it's quantum) of the expected and unexpected variance of all the NFC teams in 2019.

Unfortunately, I input the coordinates for tonight's game and got an error message. Somehow the math doesn't work for MNF -- "The Boog" makes it impossible to compute. So I'm picking blind, but I'll predict a Vikings win, 24-17.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

I think this is what it means to get "pumbled".  It happens to the Packers a lot, judging by the numbers.  :D
khqFvRo.jpg

I don't remember this play, but this plumble most likely had some flags to follow it.  Golden boy and all.  

Side note, it's amazing to me that every QB in the league isn't broken through the season.  Look at the size difference between Griffen and Rodgers.  That's a big dude.  Bakh was beat so bad he has time to look for the team doctor on the sideline to apologize for killing Rodgers.  

• Like 2

Legit question for you guys concerning my Packers....

Can you tell me, objectively, what scares you about the Packers?  Coaching?  Players?  Scheme?  ...please omit officials, I get it.

If I look objectively at your roster....here is who I fear.  Hunter.  Cousins.  Diggs.  Rudolph.  Kendricks.  Smith.  Griffith.  Cook would make the list, but he's out.  So would Thielen if he's healthy.

I don't fear the offensive line, collectively.  DL isn't scary.  Not like the EDGE players.  Corners are good, but not scary.  Safeties are scary.  So is Kendricks and Barr.

Curious if you "fear" anything GB has....

46 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Can you tell me, objectively, what scares you about the Packers?  Coaching?  Players?  Scheme?  ...please omit officials, I get it.

If I look objectively at your roster....here is who I fear.  Hunter.  Cousins.  Diggs.  Rudolph.  Kendricks.  Smith.  Griffith.  Cook would make the list, but he's out.  So would Thielen if he's healthy.

I don't fear the offensive line, collectively.  DL isn't scary.  Not like the EDGE players.  Corners are good, but not scary.  Safeties are scary.  So is Kendricks and Barr.

You guys have a very good offensive line, particularly the tackles if both are healthy.  Also, the passing combo of Rodgers to Adams as about as good as any in the league.  I really don't understand why teams don't double team Adams on pretty much every play, because Rodgers has shown a real propensity to not want to throw it to anyone else.  You guys also do a nice job on gaining yards with passes to your running back.  If I were LaFleur, I would do more of that.

On defense, you have several very good players who are capable of making game-changing plays.  The Smith brothers have been a huge success as free agent acquisitions.  That's a HUGE improvement your new GM has shown over Ted Thompson, whom I said for years was very overrated.  Your new GM has made some very good moves overall.  On the D-line, you have Kenny Clark, who is probably about as good as any nose tackle we have played against this season.  Vikings rookie center Garrett Bradbury had a real baptism by fire in the first couple games of his career when he had to go up against Clark when we played the Packers and Akiem Hicks in the game against the Bears.  I also think Jaire Alexander is one of the better young cornerbacks in the league, and opposing offenses should always keep track of where he is at.  Finally, former Bears safety, Adrian Amos has done a pretty decent job for you guys this season.

I would post this kind of thing over in the Packers forum but, due to a few whiners over there, Webby has told me he doesn't want me to post there at all anymore. 

Edited by Uncle Buck

28 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Aaron Rodgers. Slow him down and you win. If you don't you lose and you lose badly most days.

34 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

JK Scott