Week 16: Packers (11-3) at VIKINGS (10-4)

swede700

6 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

No we don’t. I think we’d be fine with just one and Boone.

3 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Agreed.  If they have to go with Mattison and Boone, I think they'll be fine.  

Probably right but I'd prefer to have our 1-2 punch. I do really like Boone though.

I'm hoping since Cook was smiling on the sideline yesterday that he'll be good to go.

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

Anyone else concerned that Cook hasn’t cracked 4 yards per carry in a single game the past 6 games. Or should I not be worried?

I don't think so. In fact I wouldn't have known that if you hadn't mentioned it.

Denver - behind late and had to throw to comeback. (11 carries for 26 yards)
Seattle - 9 for 26 and got knocked out of the game.
Detroit - 18 for 62 yards
LA - 9 for 27 and got knocked out of the game. 

Aside from the Detroit game he hasn't really had a ton of volume, doesn't help he got knocked out of two games either.

6 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

I don't think so. In fact I wouldn't have known that if you hadn't mentioned it.

Denver - behind late and had to throw to comeback. (11 carries for 26 yards)
Seattle - 9 for 26 and got knocked out of the game.
Detroit - 18 for 62 yards
LA - 9 for 27 and got knocked out of the game. 

Aside from the Detroit game he hasn't really had a ton of volume, doesn't help he got knocked out of two games either.

What’s lacked is the explosive plays. Did his volume really change that much compared to early on. Cook had a few big games against really bad teams early on (Falcons, Giants, and Lions) and the Packers game, it just seems everything else has been sub 4 yards per carry and rather ordinary. Especially the last six games. Obviously he’s a major threat as a receiver, but he’s not really been a huge factor in close games against good teams. 26 carries in a Dallas, 21 in KC, yet didn’t crack 100 in either game. He was a Non factor in Chicago and Philly and got hurt in Seattle but left the game at 3 yards per carry.

Edited by vikingsrule

I noticed with Boone (and even Abdullah yesterday) that he runs with the same violence and determination that Cook and Mattison run with.  I like a decisive back that once past the line of scrimmage he is still running through tackles.

10 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

I noticed with Boone (and even Abdullah yesterday) that he runs with the same violence and determination that Cook and Mattison run with.  I like a decisive back that once past the line of scrimmage he is still running through tackles.

Even Cousins got in on it on his first down run. Far cry from him sliding short of the first earlier in the year.

• Like 1

For some reason, I am not worried about this game at all. I’m not saying Green Bay won’t put up a fight but I, for some reason, just can’t see us losing to them.  

I want to jump aboard the “Vikings defense is getting hot down the stretch” train, but even with the 7 turnover performance against the Chargers, I need to see more.  If we can do that same thing to the Packers, I’ll feel very good about it.  

I think any of our running backs can have a big day against them as well. Just run it.  Hopefully Cook is healthy but it doesn’t seem like that may be the case.  I feel good about Mattison and Boone.  

I am picking the Vikings.  

41 - 23

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Anyone else concerned that Cook hasn’t cracked 4 yards per carry in a single game the past 6 games. Or should I not be worried? Yet Mattison and Boone have.

Cook is playing injured and should be on a snapcount.

Being at home, I like our chances. Won't be easy though.

If we can shutdown Jones/Williams like we did Zeke and Gordon/Ekeler, I will like our chances a lot more.

Can't let the Smith Bros tee off either.

3 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Even Cousins got in on it on his first down run. Far cry from him sliding short of the first earlier in the year.

Yeah, that was a great run by Kirk!  For a fraction of a second, it looked like he thought about dropping down and sliding and then remembered the game where he slid one yard short of the first down marker, so he decided to just go for it.  Poor guy is a lot closer to Tom Brady than Lamar Jackson when it comes to running with the ball, but I give him credit for that 14 yard run for the first down.

I loved the stat they put up in the Chargers game.  It said that during the Mike Zimmer era, the Vikings have a record of 44-0 in games when they get out to a 10 point lead at any time in the game.  I'd love to see us get out to a quick lead and then spend the rest of the game putting them away.