Week 16: Packers (11-3) at VIKINGS (10-4)

swede700

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 11:24 AM, Virginia Viking said:

The Vikings are in football purgatory.  They're not good enough to be in football heaven, and not bad enough to burn in football hell.  For the last 40 + years it's been a player or two needed...or, a new coach to get them over the hump into the promised land.  It's a terrible position to be in.  Too good to get a great first round pick, and to bad at finding those diamonds in the rough in the lower drafting positions.

Last night, the better team won.  The Vikings were not and are not good enough to beat the Packers this season. I am not going to blame the absence of Cook, or how horrible the OL is.  The Packer defense, especially the front 7 are superior to the Vikings OL...and a lot of other teams OL's.  Rodgers is a better big game QB.  Jones runs like Warrick Dunn in his prime.  Adams is tough for any CB to cover man to man. 

Maybe lightening will strike, and they will be that underdog team that goes all the way.  But, it's more likely that they will be one and done in the playoffs.  I like Zimmer...I wish he could do more with his players to get ready for the big stage games.  Yet, it appears he's not that kind of coach.  If the Vikings fire him...who do they hire?  Who is the next great coach?  Or, do they hire a safe retread?  If they fire Spielmen, who takes his place?  I know one thing...if the Vikings are to leave football purgatory...they will need to do some bold, crazy things.  This will either take them to football heaven, or send them to football hell.  I would be a little more hopeful either way.

Spielmen stays and hires:

Image result for mike mccarthy gif

On 24 December 2019 at 6:24 PM, Virginia Viking said:

The Vikings are in football purgatory.  They're not good enough to be in football heaven, and not bad enough to burn in football hell.  For the last 40 + years it's been a player or two needed...or, a new coach to get them over the hump into the promised land.  It's a terrible position to be in.  Too good to get a great first round pick, and to bad at finding those diamonds in the rough in the lower drafting positions.

Last night, the better team won.  The Vikings were not and are not good enough to beat the Packers this season. I am not going to blame the absence of Cook, or how horrible the OL is.  The Packer defense, especially the front 7 are superior to the Vikings OL...and a lot of other teams OL's.  Rodgers is a better big game QB.  Jones runs like Warrick Dunn in his prime.  Adams is tough for any CB to cover man to man. 

Maybe lightening will strike, and they will be that underdog team that goes all the way.  But, it's more likely that they will be one and done in the playoffs.  I like Zimmer...I wish he could do more with his players to get ready for the big stage games.  Yet, it appears he's not that kind of coach.  If the Vikings fire him...who do they hire?  Who is the next great coach?  Or, do they hire a safe retread?  If they fire Spielmen, who takes his place?  I know one thing...if the Vikings are to leave football purgatory...they will need to do some bold, crazy things.  This will either take them to football heaven, or send them to football hell.  I would be a little more hopeful either way.

Who? 

John Dorsey as GM

Mike MaCarthy as HC

You GM and HC just became infinitely better.