Week 16: Packers (11-3) at VIKINGS (10-4)

swede700

34 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

I think this game depends on Dalvin's status. He had nearly 200 yards from scrimmage in week 3. I'm not sure we get the same production from Boone.

Any chance Mattison plays? I think we'll need RB depth for this game, and would love for Mattison to get 15+ carries after his week off.

1 minute ago, Nozizaki said:

Any chance Mattison plays? I think we'll need RB depth for this game, and would love for Mattison to get 15+ carries after his week off.

Ankle injuries are like hammy injuries. They take time to heal, and they can linger without rest.

If Mattison is limited every day this week in practice I'd be concerned. I'd just rather start Boone and take our lumps. He looked effective in limited work.

14 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

Hopefully.  The refs and Lambeu go too well together.

I don’t think that’s a bad matchup, though the fifth seed isn’t out of the question. The 49ers could lose the last two (Rams and Seahawks) and the Vikes win the last two and we’ll be headed to Philly or Dallas instead. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I don’t think that’s a bad matchup, though the fifth seed isn’t out of the question. The 49ers could lose the last two (Rams and Seahawks) and the Vikes win the last two and we’ll be headed to Philly or Dallas instead. 

I'd almost rather go to Green Bay.  We pretty much know what we're going to get with the Packers, and I think we have a decent shot at knocking them off at Lambeau. 

Dallas is the one that could be dicey.  They might be horrible, or they might pull a game out like the one they did with the Rams.  They have the talent to do it if they can get their act together. 

Philly would be a nice matchup because they are probably too banged up with injuries to be much of a threat.  It would also be nice to go out there and put a good beat down on the manure-eaters for a little payback.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I'd almost rather go to Green Bay.  We pretty much know what we're going to get with the Packers, and I think we have a decent shot at knocking them off at Lambeau. 

Dallas is the one that could be dicey.  They might be horrible, or they might pull a game out like the one they did with the Rams.  They have the talent to do it if they can get their act together. 

Philly would be a nice matchup because they are probably too banged up with injuries to be much of a threat.  It would also be nice to go out there and put a good beat down on the manure-eaters for a little payback.

You’re not worried about the refs?  I am usually not one to harp on this argument but it has become glaringly obvious that AT Lambeau Field, the refs go out of their way to assist the Packers.  

As for playing the Eagles or Cowboys, I’d feel rather confident.  I can see the Eagles playing a bit better than they did earlier in the season. I can see Dallas being a tough but I also cannot see the Vikings Defense collapsing against them the way they did earlier in the year either. 

If our defense doesn’t show up , I’m worried about all the teams.  

The Eagles are so depleted at WR and CB right now, I’d rather face them than Dallas, even if it means going back to Philly.

That would mean a trip to NO (#2 seed) in the divisional round if GB ends up with the third seed as they should.

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

You’re not worried about the refs?  I am usually not one to harp on this argument but it has become glaringly obvious that AT Lambeau Field, the refs go out of their way to assist the Packers.  

As for playing the Eagles or Cowboys, I’d feel rather confident.  I can see the Eagles playing a bit better than they did earlier in the season. I can see Dallas being a tough but I also cannot see the Vikings Defense collapsing against them the way they did earlier in the year either. 

I agree on the defense part, especially with how the defense plays on the road vs at home.

42 minutes ago, Torchezim said:

Not really.  They might get a few extra calls here and there, but I don't think there are enough of them to change the outcome of the game in most cases.  I also just think we are a better team right now and I like our chances against them.