Week 16: Packers (11-3) at VIKINGS (10-4)

swede700

1 hour ago, Torchezim said:

You’re not worried about the refs?  I am usually not one to harp on this argument but it has become glaringly obvious that AT Lambeau Field, the refs go out of their way to assist the Packers.  

Image result for eye roll gif

Its become so glaring obvious AT Lambeau Field  that the Vikings have not had any recent close/questionable/game influencing call go their way there, right? Every team gets calls, including the vikes. Its not some conspiracy.

Image result for clay matthews hits cousins gif

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Image result for eye roll gif

Its become so glaring obvious AT Lambeau Field  that the Vikings have not had any recent close/questionable/game influencing call go their way there, right? Every team gets calls, including the vikes. Its not some conspiracy.

I was wrong, they only had to back 2 years.

It took them a little while to figure out how to call the Rodgers rule

6 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

The only thing I can think of is the Packers losing could impact having a first round bye. As long as they don’t look past the Lions, the division is locked up.

The Lions have a way of getting wins against the Packers.  We had better not look past them.  Even with Stafford on IR.

I'll tell you this...I'm not looking forward to seeing your defense this week.  

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

That call only happened because Packer nation complained about the Barr hit on Rodgers. Still ended in a tie.

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

What’s so scary about our defense right now?

Off the top of my head

Kendricks is one of the better cover linebackers in the NFL. Some very good Defensive Ends. Harrison Smith is still playing like he's 23 years old. The corners rotating in and out has made the defense better imo. Barr is dangerous playmaker. We have some nice interior depth on 3rd down with our pass rushers.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

That call only happened because Packer nation complained about the Barr hit on Rodgers.

Which they had absolutely no reason to complain about, considering it was a clean hit.  It just so happened that it was a clean hit that injured A-Rodg, who ridiculously whined about it.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

Right now I'm making a special rule for this thread: no talking about the refs before the game starts.

Just too tedious and unproductive. 

Sorry @Heimdallr, I'm going to break this rule real quick.

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

I agree that without any stats to back it up, it is pointless to argue about flags. However, the Packers have been statistically the most fortunate team in the NFL over the past decade, as of week 12 ( I don't believe an extra 4 games changed it significantly), at least in terms of first downs received by penalty vs first downs given up via penalty.

EKUDVO6XUAALRPs.jpg:large

This of course doesn't differentiate home games vs road games, but it clearly shows the NFL's reffing tendencies.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

Sorry @Heimdallr, I'm going to break this rule real quick.

I agree that without any stats to back it up, it is pointless to argue about flags. However, the Packers have been statistically the most fortunate team in the NFL over the past decade, as of week 12 ( I don't believe an extra 4 games changed it significantly), at least in terms of first downs received by penalty vs first downs given up via penalty.

EKUDVO6XUAALRPs.jpg:large

This of course doesn't differentiate home games vs road games, but it clearly shows the NFL's reffing tendencies.

So what I'm seeing is that over 9.7 years, the Packers have been gifted about 1 first down a year over the Vikings, and have a little under 3 a year against them on defense.  That's not exactly game-changing is it?  Obviously we can't tell how many are legit/bad calls and then missed calls but this chart is set up to look a lot worse visually than what it's actually saying. 

• Like 2