Franchise Tag Decision...

kgarrett12486

Barring an unforeseen late season extension, we have two key pieces headed for FA and they're both viable candidates for the franchise tag. Problem is we only have 1 to use...

I'm talking of course about Jameis and Shaq Barrett...

On one hand, you have a mistake prone QB, but he's also helped lead Bucs highest scoring offense and could set the triple crown stat record for QBs. This all behind a mediocre to below average Oline and run game...

On the other hand you have a guy who's been a pass wrecking force off the edge. A guy who is at 16.5 sacks currently and could get to 20. He's finally gotten a starting opportunity this year and has flourished...

Who do you tag and who do you try to extend, but chance that they walk for greener pastures?

• Like 1

I think they extend Jameis and tag Shaq. A  3 yr contract for Jameis with 2 yrs guaranteed. The Glazers have stood by Jameis this long, not going to walk away now.  And I think the loyalty is mutual for Jameis also.    Especially considering the HC will probably only be here 2 more seasons.  I do think ultimately gets signed to an extension, the franchise tag protects the investment