-----------------Receiving---------Run Block-------Pass Block
Ertz------------76.6----------------55.5--------------------54.2
Goedert------71.3----------------82.0--------------------73.1
Kittle-----------94.3----------------75.7--------------------65.4
Kelce-----------89.9----------------61.7-------------------75.9
Hooper--------81.4----------------55.0-------------------66.2
Cook------------74.3----------------48.6-------------------42.5

That's why Goedert is rated higher. 

Very interesting. I knew Goedert was a better blocker than Ertz, and relatively good, but didn't know he was better than Kittle (well, at least according to PFF), who is being regarded as a TE in the mold of Gronk, guy who can act as a 3rd tackle on run plays. Shame he can not hold on to or catch the ball consistently. Hopefully year 3 he gets over that, we saw last week how soft his hands can be.

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Very interesting. I knew Goedert was a better blocker than Ertz, and relatively good, but didn't know he was better than Kittle (well, at least according to PFF), who is being regarded as a TE in the mold of Gronk, guy who can act as a 3rd tackle on run plays. Shame he can not hold on to or catch the ball consistently. Hopefully year 3 he gets over that, we saw last week how soft his hands can be.

i remember multiple analysts saying and showing stats on how much better our run game was when goedert got back from his injury at the start of the season. you could certainly see it on the field too.

8 hours ago, Jeezla said:

That was a pretty confident "no they don't" for it not being your wheelhouse.

lol are you telling me you can tell how confident text is over a computer screen?

like I said, I was a little tipsy. I thought we were talking about pro bowl voting not PFF grades. Relax. 

36 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Vinny Curry by far has been the lone bright spot in that defense. The limited snaps early on has shown he can still play on a limited basis. 

Yeah he's been one of the few bright spots this season. Josh Sweat has also had a nice solid season in my opinion. I feel pretty good about our DE group. I don't think we have to or should commit significant resources there this off-season. I'm all in on spending everything on WR, CB, LB, S.

15 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

^Yes. I just dont see Howie doing that. 

He'll go DT, DE, OC, CB, WR, trade away the rest. 

Man I just hate how much we neglect LB. I'm not gonna sit here and act like I know how important the linebacker position is in Schwartz's defense. But there's no way Howie and co. can sit there and think we don't need massive upgrades there. You have to believe a young fast dynamic LB would do wonders.

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Man I just hate how much we neglect LB. I'm not gonna sit here and act like I know how important the linebacker position is in Schwartz's defense. But there's no way Howie and co. can sit there and think we don't need massive upgrades there. You have to believe a young fast dynamic LB would do wonders.

We have other more important things to address than LB. If there's a stud linebacker who's clearly BPA when it's our turn to pick, then sure make the pick. But if there's any debate if there's a player at another position who's as good or a better prospect than said linebacker then we should not take the LB. Off-Ball Linebackers are RBs of the defense. It's definitely good to have them, but they're the last thing you should be addressing if you're trying to build a winning team.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

We have other more important things to address than LB. If there's a stud linebacker who's clearly BPA when it's our turn to pick, then sure make the pick. But if there's any debate if there's a player at another position who's as good or a better prospect than said linebacker then we should not take the LB. Off-Ball Linebackers are RBs of the defense. It's definitely good to have them, but they're the last thing you should be addressing if you're trying to build a winning team.

We just need one LB that can stabilize the position and make plays. Jordan Hicks was that guy, then it had been Nigel Bradham but he can't be relied on for that anymore. I'd be about going out to free agency and picking up a vet that can be that guy. Then I am good with the rest of the LB's just being meh

21 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I hear you, but with both Mills and Darby possibly gone. Jones/Douglas/LeBlanc FAs after 2020, 

Maddox after '21 

I wouldn't be surprised to see him double dip at CB, maybe a safety, a DT and then everything else on the offensive side of the ball. 

Just draft a dynamic talent regardless of position. Besides QB and TE are any other positions that really couldn't use an upgrade? 

• Like 1