Top Gun: Maverick (5-27-22)

thrILL!

Zero expectations.   Totally blown away by how great it was.   Far far far better than the original.    

Strong suspicion it might have the 2023 Oscar winning song.   Score probably not because it’s using so much of the original.    Cast, writing and characters are 10x better.   I’m so surprised.    Give Cruise & co. credit.   This is how you do a sequel.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 3

Me: This movie is totally realistic.

SPC: What?

Me: Maverick SHOULD have been court martialed for stealing that jet fighter, but he gets a pass because he's a commissioned officer. Guarantee you he'd be sent to the DB's immediately if he were an NCO.

Fun movie though.

• Like 1

I saw it on Friday, it was amazing. This tops the original in every category while still paying respect to the original. Maverick is so much more fleshed-out in this and the action scenes were amazing. Even Miles Teller was good, and I don't even normally like Miles Teller. 

This might be the best movie of 2022.

Such a great movie. Seeing it again soon, you just have to experience it in a theater.

Ill always love the original more by pure nostalgia, but this was a much better movie. 

When I realized who Jennifer Connelly was playing, I knew it was going to be great, such a good call back

And honestly, didnt mind at all when it turned into Mission Impossible: Miramar at the end. They have Teller hang a lamp shade on it perfectly, and we move right along.

• Like 1