Top Gun: Maverick (5-27-22)

thrILL!

For years this sequel was rumored but traction on it stopped after Tony Scott committed suicide.  Tbh most fans prolly thought a sequel wasn’t the best idea (esp the rumored plot focusing on drones) and a likely cash grab.  Enter Joseph Kosinski as director (knowing the visuals would be outstanding) and it’s looking like a huge hit and a sequel well worth the wait. Looks pretty awesome iyam.  

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, thrILL! said:

a cool behind the scenes look.  It’s amazing the Air Force let Tom fly one of these jets for real.  

Pretty sure they didn't let him actually pilot the jet, as far as I know civilians are not allowed to operate military equipment under any circumstances.

2 hours ago, rob_shadows said:

Pretty sure they didn't let him actually pilot the jet, as far as I know civilians are not allowed to operate military equipment under any circumstances.

Pretty sure he is flying it at least in certain parts.  Maybe it's an aircraft no longer in service so there's a loophole? I dunno.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/movies/2019/12/18/tom-cruise-really-flew-stunts-fighter-jet-top-gun-maverick/2693603001/

Edited by thrILL!
  • Like 1