Week #15 GDT Steelers at the Jets

Steeler Hitman

20 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Yeah, I don't think we have much of a chance. I do think we could beat Baltimore, though. We almost beat them earlier in the year. Granted that was at home, but we also started Rudolph. 

I think we could beat them back then, but their defence is much improve, and well, we have fichner:S I would still like to play them and see how that goes, but will we?

Anyone else here think the team wasted an opportunity last week with the running game? This week we are facing #2 run defence, so my instincts tell me fichner will keep trying to run, and it could be the reason for a loss.  It really bothers me that fichner is here no matter what for the next few years, really is wasting the team for a few years if he keeps calling games the way he has.

I don't think we have to run it 40 times a game. We just need to be less predictable with the run. Having Connor back helps because our other dudes, sans White, can't run out of the shotgun. Samuel and Snell have no lateral quickness, so the only way they are effective is with the QB under center. I think having Nix would probably have helped ease the loss of Conner. I think the main problems with the offense were; the players were too one dimensional, and the playcalling was far too predictable because of that. We bring Banner in, we run. We are in the gun, we're throwing. Having Conner back will really help because he runs really well out of the shotgun. I think with Conner, we should be out of the gun a lot more, which opens up the offense and keeps the defense guessing. When the other backs come in we can go under center, but we still have to try to mix in some throws. 

If JuJu plays, I think our offense will be just fine. I, honestly, think we score 30 for the first time tomorrow. I really think we crap the bed next week against RGIII. 

15 minutes ago, August4th said:

Texans winning today sucks for us. they won't have anything to play for next week against tenn

we need to beat NYJ and Bal, but I can't see it with this offense. going 0-2 is more likely tbh

Its nice to have some luck thrown our way. However, the best thing the steelers have is control of their Destiny. I’d feel better about this team if they won out over losing out and getting lucky with the other teams falling short also

need the saints to win.

and if the browns win out and we lose out, then they get in:o . Can you believe this. 

I think if we win tomorrow, we will be in. I don't see the titans winning both but wait and see. If they do, they earned it and deserve to get in. I don't see the fichner effect over there so they have a chance anyways

just to make sure, do we have the tie breaker if we win vs jets and lose vs ravens, then the titans win vs texans and lose vs saints. ?

Edited by 3rivers

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

need the saints to win.

and if the browns win out and we lose out, then they get in:o . Can you believe this. 

I think if we win tomorrow, we will be in. I don't see the titans winning both but wait and see. If they do, they earned it and deserve to get in. I don't see the fichner effect over there so they have a chance anyways

just to make sure, do we have the tie breaker if we win vs jets and lose vs ravens, then the titans win vs texans and lose vs saints. ?

Nah titans only have to beat hou and you lose 1 and we win the tie. If we both win out yall in obv. we both lose out titans get in.

Saints game means pretty much nothing tbh unless you guys lose out but I don't see that so I wouldn't even bother with the saints game. Hell a lot of fans and media have said we should rest players so yeee Steelers Jets is the big one to watch tmw

And for the browns to get in they have to win out. Titans steelers have to lose out and the colts have to win out lol soooo doubtful