Week #15 GDT Steelers at the Jets

Steeler Hitman

19 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Gotta have this one if we're Playoff bound. The Jets certainly aren't an elite team but they are tougher then what they showed last week against the Ratbirds imo.  We can Run better then them and we can play Defense better then them. Doing those 2 things better then the Jets should lead to victory. 

I thought the Jets had a top tier run defence . This could be another low scoring game and if the OL can't block again , expect a close game.  THIS is the game to pass with, not last week vs possibly the best pass defence in the league. They got the gamelans backwards somehow if they keep trying to run this week as opposed to last week

Here is the lates on the injury front.  This team should defeat the jests without JJSS, I would rest him another week, why risk? 

Whats going on with Haden though? Did something happen after /during Wednesdays practice?

Pittsburgh Steelers Participation/Injury Report, Week 16

Thursday, December 19
WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (Knee) - Full
CB Artie Burns (Illness) - Full
LB Mark Barron (NIR) - Full
C Maurkice Pouncey (NIR) - Full
OG David Decastro (NIR) - Full
OT Alejandro Villanueva (NIR) - Full
TE Vance McDonald (Concussion) - Full
LB T.J. Watt (NIR) - Full
CB Joe Haden (Foot) - DNP   :o
G Ramon Foster (NIR) - DNP
TE Nick Vannett (Illness) - DNP

Wednesday, December 18
WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (Knee) - Limited
CB Artie Burns (Illness) - DNP
LB Mark Barron (NIR) - DNP
C Maurkice Pouncey (NIR) - DNP
OG David Decastro (NIR) - DNP
OT Alejandro Villanueva (NIR) - DNP
TE Vance McDonald (Concussion) - Full
LB T.J. Watt (NIR) - DNP

24 minutes ago, August4th said:

PFF has him 36 rated C, maybe this week he can move up to 37th?  His blocking has been terrible though, that's the real issue I have with him other than his cap/performance value. Tomlin needs to get pouncey playing decent again or the playoffs will be an early exit without a legit rushing attack. 

Now, if Haden is out, does that mean burns will be playing :o

3 hours ago, 3rivers said:

PFF has him 36 rated C, maybe this week he can move up to 37th?  His blocking has been terrible though, that's the real issue I have with him other than his cap/performance value. Tomlin needs to get pouncey playing decent again or the playoffs will be an early exit without a legit rushing attack.

Pro Bowl starter :-)

I think we win vs the Jets, but I dont care either way.

We already exceeded expectations.  We have no chance of going anywhere in the playoffs.   Might be able to win 1, if we are lucky.  We arent going to Arrowhead, Foxborough or Baltimore and winning, though.  Zero chance.

Only reason I remotely care is that, if we make it, Dolphins dont get anything higher than our 21st pick....which is a huge steal for Minkah.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I think we win vs the Jets, but I dont care either way.

We already exceeded expectations.  We have no chance of going anywhere in the playoffs.   Might be able to win 1, if we are lucky.  We arent going to Arrowhead, Foxborough or Baltimore and winning, though.  Zero chance.

Only reason I remotely care is that, if we make it, Dolphins dont get anything higher than our 21st pick....which is a huge steal for Minkah.

I think we could steal one in Baltimore, only because it's hard to play a team 3 times. Zero chance we could even keep it within 2 scores at Arrowhead. The Pats aren't looking hot, but they'd probably still smash us in Foxborough. 

• Like 1

Part of me really wants the Browns to win this weekend so that we have to play a full Ravens squad in week 17. Ultimately, I am very happy with this season as is. While I would still prefer to make playoffs, I think the most satisfying way to end this season would be to beat Lamar (which we should have done before) to secure our place in the tournament. Making the playoffs is pretty awesome with this team. Beating the MVP with Duck Hodges while everyone is on the Ravens wagon? Yup, that would be far more satisfying. 

But looking at potential match-ups in the playoff machine:

- Don't be a Bills fan this week. As much as I dont want New England to win games anymore, I do not want them to be the three seed. Do. Not. Root. For. The. Bills. 

- If Houston and the Chiefs both win out, the fighting Andy Reid's get the 3 seed. I would much prefer Houston - Stop the run, Stop the Nuke, win the game against a sloppy defense. We need Houston to win out, and the Chiefs to drop 1 game -- Bears or Chargers, take your pick for rooting pleasure. 

@Houston, @Baltimore, @Buffalo, @Miami Hard Rock Stadium.....

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I think we could steal one in Baltimore, only because it's hard to play a team 3 times. Zero chance we could even keep it within 2 scores at Arrowhead. The Pats aren't looking hot, but they'd probably still smash us in Foxborough. 

If we had Ben, Id be more excited about the postseason than I have in a decade.

We dont have the offense to win.  We wouldnt even need a great offense....but we have a historically bad one.

Baltimore would pound us.  Week 17 we will likely play their backups.  Even if our defense could slow Lamar down,  it wouldnt be enough to keep up with them.  

55 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

If we had Ben, Id be more excited about the postseason than I have in a decade.

We dont have the offense to win.  We wouldnt even need a great offense....but we have a historically bad one.

Baltimore would pound us.  Week 17 we will likely play their backups.  Even if our defense could slow Lamar down,  it wouldnt be enough to keep up with them.  

Yeah, I don't think we have much of a chance. I do think we could beat Baltimore, though. We almost beat them earlier in the year. Granted that was at home, but we also started Rudolph. 

with Ben this team can win the AFC. I doubt we get minka tho Miami would of wanted someone else 1st round pick. I just hope ben comes back healthy, because 2020 can be the yr. I kinda think NE will finally fall off next yr(go from SB caliber to a "aight" team that wins 8-10 games), so they will be out of the way for once. Ravens will the team to beat but we'll be familiar with that offense.

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1