Josh Gordon Suspended Indefinitely

AFlaccoSeagulls

4 minutes ago, DaveDX said:

Guy knowingly broke the rules repeatedly. Why shouldn’t they abandon him?  What’d he ever do for them other than underperform and betray their trust?

The rule is stupid. I don't care if he doesn't break it. Also, is this really a betrayal of trust? Why are people so dramatic about this?

12 minutes ago, animaltested said:

This sucks. The policy is stupid and outdated. Also, this failed test probably happened while he was still with the Patriots (hence the release for "work ethic"). Dude has been a model pro since he came to Seattle, earned the chance to play, and earned the admiration of his fellow teammates. Sounds like Pete and Russell genuinely cares about the dude. I hope Seattle doesn't abandon him because of this. 

He also tested positive for PEDs. 

Just now, animaltested said:

The rule is stupid. I don't care if he doesn't break it. Also, is this really a betrayal of trust? Why are people so dramatic about this?

Because he’s a guy who’s bungled all his opportunities and when two teams in two years grant him new opportunities he screws up both of them. How is that NOT a betrayal of trust?

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Thank you Gordon for setting the cannabis reformation back with you're obvious addiction to it. 

It's not weed. It's hard drugs. People are still stuck on the previous suspensions, but he can't keep it together because of his issues with more serious substances.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

It's not weed. It's hard drugs. People are still stuck on the previous suspensions, but he can't keep it together because of his issues with more serious substances.

I still think the policy is silly. Athletes are held to a way higher standard by their employers than the vast majority of Americans. Plenty of Americans prop themselves up with opioids, alcohol and other addictive drugs, without the worry of being popped and banned from their profession. 

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Do you have a link? Yea I assumed because of previous screw ups. 

I don’t know what specifically triggered this one, was more referring to your point about the obvious addiction to weed. He’s had serious issues with codeine, xanax, alcohol and cocaine. No doubt he smokes a lot of weed too but that’s become somewhat of a cover for more debilitating drug issues. 

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

SPOILER: It won't be.

It probably is this time, because unlike previous times, his immense talent has clearly left him (to some degree).  

He may possibly be reinstated at some point, maybe.  But more than likely there's just no interest from any team, and he never reapplies.

Time to go to the CFL or XFL or whatever other off-brand league is still playing these days.