Josh Gordon Suspended Indefinitely

AFlaccoSeagulls

I'm amazed he lasted this long to be honest. 6 months in two separate States where Marijuana is Legalized?? Talk about Cruel and Unusual Punishment. 

It be like putting a Fat Kid in a Candy Shop and say, Now now Josh Don't Touch? I speak from experience, you touch. 🍰😎

Reports coming in saying he knew the suspension was incoming. Not sure how long the test-to-suspension time usually is, but you have to wonder if this is why NE was so willing to move on from Gordon.

Edited by Yin-Yang

When Flash came to NE, I was stoked. He wasn't a star receiver, but he did his job well enough and made some really good plays. I was rooting for him like most NE fans to get his ish together.

When news broke of NE letting him go, my immediate thought was  that he must be relapsing because we can't afford to let him go with this offense where it is. Like most others in this thread, I feel certain that was his last straw. He's done for good.

May be a chance we see him pop up in the XFL, but I have little to no interest in watching that. Sad days man. 

Also, people hating on him should be slightly more sympathetic. He absolutely deserves to be done in the NFL, but those saying he's trash and suggesting he doesn't deserve sympathy seem to have an unhealthy perspective on what addiction actually is.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

When Flash came to NE, I was stoked. He wasn't a star receiver, but he did his job well enough and made some really good plays. I was rooting for him like most NE fans to get his ish together.

When news broke of NE letting him go, my immediate thought was  that he must be relapsing because we can't afford to let him go with this offense where it is. Like most others in this thread, I feel certain that was his last straw. He's done for good.

May be a chance we see him pop up in the XFL, but I have little to no interest in watching that. Sad days man. 

Also, people hating on him should be slightly more sympathetic. He absolutely deserves to be done in the NFL, but those saying he's trash and suggesting he doesn't deserve sympathy seem to have an unhealthy perspective on what addiction actually is.

Tell me why I need to feel bad for him.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2019 at 11:16 AM, sdrawkcab321 said:

Can’t wait for next year when a new fan base believes he will change and finally figure it out with them. 

Assuming it was for just marijuana, there's nothing to figure out. 

The bigger question is how much longer the NFL will have marijuana on the substance abuse list. With the MLB making the first move and now treating marijuana like alcohol, how long until the NFL follows suit?

18 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

The bigger question is how much longer the NFL will have marijuana on the substance abuse list. With the MLB making the first move and now treating marijuana like alcohol, how long until the NFL follows suit?

You know you’re behind when the MLB is beating you to change, lol.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SWATcha said:

It's obviously not just marijuana. You can't get addicted to it. If it is, nobody should ever feel bad for him again because he is willingly ruining his career over a non addictive hobby. That said, we know this guy has been addicted to other drugs since high school

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

It's obviously not just marijuana. You can't get addicted to it. If it is, nobody should ever feel bad for him again because he is willingly ruining his career over a non addictive hobby. That said, we know this guy has been addicted to other drugs since high school

Gambling is addicting. Anything can be addicting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

Obviously? 🤔