Week 15 Postgame thread vs Min

SteelKing728

Chargers have a good team with a lot of good players.  I was thinking that part of the reason for their struggles this season could be due to playing in the temporary home stadium.  I know when we were building our new place, we had to play in the Minnesota Gophers' college stadium for two years.  The first season, in particular, was a struggle.  My guess is that you will get things back on track when you can move into your permanent home next year.

• Like 2

Early injuries and the O-line play has put Rivers back into hero mode which usually ends in a lot of turnovers. They are also really missing that 3rd WR that can come in and make some clutch catches. I thought Inman would be the guy but he got hurt shortly after rejoining the team. The redzone struggles this year have cost us at least a few games. Too many stalled drives that end in either just 3 points, a missed FG, or a turnover. Not something you expect from a Chargers team. I'm curious how much Gates could have helped even at his age he would always draw a lot of attention inside the 20 and Rivers trusted him completely. 

Not only have we given the ball away too much, we also haven't had the takeaways to counteract the turnovers. We are near the bottom of the league with just 13 takeaways and near the top with 29 giveaways. Turnover ratio is a great indicator of a good or bad team.

Overall the defense has played fairly well but never seemed to be able to make the plays when needed, or they make plays late but after we're already in the hole deep causing Rivers to press... which typically leads to an INT lol.

Oh the O-line... Okung missed many games, Pouncey missed many games, and the rest are future insurance salesman. They have times when they play good but because overall they have played so badly it seems Rivers is a bit shell shocked and tends to get ghost pressured at times. 

Oh and dropped passes, especially ones that were guaranteed touchdowns... 

I'm sure playing 16 road games isn't helping morale much either...

I could go on but there is only so much beer in this world.

• Like 2