• Z. Smith and P. Smith (GB)
    • Bosa and Ingram (LAC)
    • Boss and Ford (SF)
    • Griffen and Hunter (Min)
    • Watt and Dupree (Pit)
    • Other

10 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

And the Bosas 

I don't know about that.  I first have to admit that I haven't seen a lot of games the Bosas have played in, but the Vikings have played the Chargers this year and in that game, Hunter was as good or better than Joey was against our mediocre at best offensive line.  Even though Hunter wasn't a super high draft pick like the Bosas both were, the guy has really turned into a beast for us.  On the other side of our d-line is Everson Griffen.  He has been good, but I think he is regressing somewhat now due to age.  Hunter is our best pass rusher at this point.

All of the duos listed in the poll are good, and I could understand arguments for any of them.  I'm just glad my team has one of them playing for us.

I must say that I am surprised to see the Steelers having the lowest # of votes in this comparison. If based upon this year alone, I would expect they would be closer to the top...Top 3 at a minimum. Dupree is having a career year, and feel, better than at least 20 other teams top pass rusher with 10.5 sacks, 15 TFL, 11 QB Hurries, 9 Stuffs, and 4 FF.

That said, the Vikings and GB are right there with them...

Now, make it a pass rush 'trio', and it's a 2-horse race between GB with Clark, and the Smiths with GB - 31.5 Sacks / 65 QB Hits, and Pitt with Heyward, Watt, and Dupree with 69 QB Hits / 32.5 Sacks...and imagine if Tuitt...with 3.5 Sacks/7 QB Hits in 6 games stayed healthy...

Here are the numbers for the other top Trios (in no particular order)...

Min - 28.5 Sacks / 57 QB Hits 

SF - 24.5 Sacks / 51 QB Hits 

LAR - 32 Sacks / 51 QB Hits 

TB - 25.5 Sacks / 59 QB Hits 

• Like 2

Cam Jordan and Marcus Davenport deserve at least a mention, unfortunately Davenport is out but he is a real blue-chip player. I wish he could stay healthy, but he is impressive. More about the eye test than stats with him, he reminds me of Clowney in that way. Jordan is obviously a stud and borderline DPOY candidate, I would hope nobody even tried to disagree with that.

• Like 1