AG20 2020 Mock Offseason

AlexGreen#20

I’d personally like to bring back Blake and Tramon.

Blake isn’t going to be too expensive, is young, and solid. I know Nick K has had a good year in relief, but I’d rather for continuity give another 2 million for Blake. 

T Willians can still play. If he wants to come back he should. He’s giving us good run as a nickel corner which there’s a lot of value in that.

Bulaga will need more than 8 guaranteed. I’d do up to 15 and all in the first 2 years if possible.

I’m okay with the rest of the resigns since they are all vet min level guys.

Draft

I personally don’t like a DL with our first pick unless a real stud falls. We do so much 1 and 2 DL packages and then mix Gary and the Smiths on the ends. I think we are fine with okay plug body guys like Lowry and Lancaster play niche rolls. 

Tyler Johnson I like. He might be a third round athlete though.

I’d like another development ol before round 7 (axe the safety)

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

A 1st Round DT does more for you next year than a 1st round WR.

Well listen - I'm outta my depth on draft stuff. I dont know who's out there and how they grade against each other.

We simply need PLAYMAKERS - ******next year****** playmakers.

Not - well AR wont throw to a rookie...or it take 9 years for a player to know WTF he has to do.

Nope. Just plug and play playmakers. They run - you throw to them - they catch and run some more talents.

We need him. Get him. Wherever. Get him. Play him. Cheer for the TDs he'll catch....and life will be good.

• Like 1

Really like the draft position wise although I don't know much about the selected players.  Love the Chicago LB for next year.  We really do need a #2 receiver/te badly though.  The window is closing hard so go for it the next 3-4 years regardless of price and let the chips fall where they may.   

4 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I’d personally like to bring back Blake and Tramon.

Blake isn’t going to be too expensive, is young, and solid. I know Nick K has had a good year in relief, but I’d rather for continuity give another 2 million for Blake. 

T Willians can still play. If he wants to come back he should. He’s giving us good run as a nickel corner which there’s a lot of value in that.

Bulaga will need more than 8 guaranteed. I’d do up to 15 and all in the first 2 years if possible.

I’m okay with the rest of the resigns since they are all vet min level guys.

Draft

I personally don’t like a DL with our first pick unless a real stud falls. We do so much 1 and 2 DL packages and then mix Gary and the Smiths on the ends. I think we are fine with okay plug body guys like Lowry and Lancaster play niche rolls. 

Tyler Johnson I like. He might be a third round athlete though.

I’d like another development ol before round 7 (axe the safety)

Blake's probably going to get 10+. A 10/year deal puts him at 13th for off-ball LBs.

Tramon will probably be asking for a 2/3 year deal. Not sure I want that.

The Top-5 AAV for RT contract earners is $31.25 million in fully guaranteed cash. 

+++

If you're not getting a DT in round 1. You've got no shot at an upgrade.

A mid round safety has a chance to play immediately. 

Uglem's thinking off season as well......
Not sure why he's referencing Ted.

Ross Uglem -  Packers offseason?

Release Graham and Lane Taylor

Bring Joe Schobert home
Re-sign Bulaga and Veldheer

Find a vet TE to pair with Sternberger

Pipe dreams: Cooper, AJ Green or Chris Harris, Jr., Chris Jones

1. Kinlaw
2. Ted picks a WR
3. ILB
4. Ted picks an OL

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Uglem's thinking off season as well......
Not sure why he's referencing Ted.

Ross Uglem -  Packers offseason?

Release Graham and Lane Taylor

Bring Joe Schobert home
Re-sign Bulaga and Veldheer

Find a vet TE to pair with Sternberger

Pipe dreams: Cooper, AJ Green or Chris Harris, Jr., Chris Jones

1. Kinlaw
2. Ted picks a WR
3. ILB
4. Ted picks an OL

Salary cap turned off in Madden.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Blake's probably going to get 10+. A 10/year deal puts him at 13th for off-ball LBs.

Tramon will probably be asking for a 2/3 year deal. Not sure I want that.

The Top-5 AAV for RT contract earners is $31.25 million in fully guaranteed cash. 

+++

If you're not getting a DT in round 1. You've got no shot at an upgrade.

A mid round safety has a chance to play immediately. 

Blake is going to get 8-10. I'm cool with that.

Tramon might also retire. He's at the one year deal stage of his career. No team at 37 is going to give him more than 1

I'm okay not upgrading or just getting a rotational guy in round 3ish at DT. Where we are going to be drafting, we aren't going to get a real impact DL in round one unless someone falls on assault charges

A mid round rookie safety isn't much of an upgrade over Sullivan or what we are playing now at backup S. Like if its best player available, I'm fine

If Bulaga is going to get 31M guaranteed, peace, Not worth the gamble.

Speaking of attempting to move the needle, Aaron Jones' contract is up after next year. Many here think there's no way you re-sign him. I'm starting to think there's no way you can let him walk. Gute set himself up perfectly for a Raji / Matthews type draft and early indications are that will fall short. The Gary pick is really starting to bother me from a positional standpoint. Gute signed Smithx2 for $120m and followed it up with another Edge at 12 with Daniels on the way out and Clark the only proven needle mover. Edge depth is great, but even if Gary hits, there are only so many snaps to go around. That's gonna prove costly. 

I've been thinking about this for a while and your concern is more than valid. Gute's gonna have to be lucky and good to keep the needle from falling back. The biggest improvement is gonna have to come from MLF.

Edited by cannondale

7 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Speaking of attempting to move the needle, Aaron Jones' contract is up after next year. Many here think there's no way you re-sign him. I'm starting to think there's no way you can let him walk. Gute set himself up perfectly for a Raji / Matthews type draft and early indications are that will fall short. The Gary pick is really starting to bother me from a positional standpoint. Gute signed Smithx2 for $120m and followed it up with another Edge at 12 with Daniels on the way out and Clark the only proven needle mover. That's gonna prove costly. 

I've been thinking about this for a while and your concern is more than valid. Gute's gonna have to be lucky and good to keep the needle from falling back. The biggest improvement is gonna have to come from MLF.

We have a chance to be 13-3, why does the needle need to move significantly? It doesn't.

QB and pass rusher look great next year, two most important positions on the field. OT, we'll have the cash and the inside track to sign Bulaga, next most important position looks great. DB, have King, Alexander, Savage and Amos back next year, next most important position, just fine.

So really, WR, TE, ILB #2 DL and RB are our questions going into the off-season. I'll take that. Too much worrying about nothing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

We have a chance to be 13-3, why does the needle need to move significantly? It doesn't.

QB and pass rusher look great next year, two most important positions on the field. OT, we'll have the cash and the inside track to sign Bulaga, next most important position looks great. DB, have King, Alexander, Savage and Amos back next year, next most important position, just fine.

So really, WR, TE, ILB #2 DL and RB are our questions going into the off-season. I'll take that. Too much worrying about nothing.

The subject has been beat to death, but the main difference is that you and I view the 11-3 much differently.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I forgot who I was talking to. My bad. Kind of feel like I wasted my time now.

Sorry for the inconvenience. If the Packers 11-3 meant they could hang with the 49ers, Saints, Ravens, Seahawks, I would think differently. 

Edited by cannondale

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

The subject has been beat to death, but the main difference is that you and I view the 11-3 much differently.

One view is optimistic and the team is on the rise  ... one is pessimistic and the team has no hope.   Yup, big difference for sure.