12/16 3 round pipe bomb

LinderFournette

• Like 1

Overall considering where were drafting at 8 i don't hate it for the Falcons.  I personally think i like Delpit more than Simmons as a player coming out but i don't dislike Simmons and think this is a good pick at a position we can upgrade.   As for the next few rounds im pretty bummed we didn't lock up one of the top RB's in swift, etienne, dobbins, or taylor with none of them dropping to our 2nd of the 2 picks in round 2.  We need a replacement for Freeman pretty badly he is garbage at this point.  But Raekwon is a very good player though at DT and thats a need as well abd he is 1st round value so i can't complain to much about the pick nor would i.   The cb and de in the next 2 rounds aren't bad choices either as both are top tier needs and high profile positions.   Overall you did as bout as good as most could hope for on the Falcons with where we drafted and who went where before us.  I would be pretty happy on draft day with this if it's how it fell.

I mean...I like the 3rd rounder. And I could get on board for a talent like Taylor in the 2nd IF we draft D in the first. And at this point there is about a 0% chance we draft a QB at all let alone the 1st round. I know a lot of national pundits want that, but its not going to happen. We will need a starting right tackle, so that will be our #1 priority after resigning our guys.

Edited by bigdog2372

I, uh. Don't think Love is a first round QB. But that doesn't really matter. Anything can happen. I don't think the QB position will be addressed in the first round. Jameis is all but guaranteed to return next year. We could take one on day two/three - we'll have a third round comp pick. But I really doubt QB is our pick in the first.

Our biggest needs are along both lines. DT Suh is a FA. EDGE JPP is a free agent. EDGE Barrett is a free agent. EDGE Nassib is a FA. OT Dotson should've retired last year. G Cappa is a tough sob. But he might not be a starter.

That's four spots we'll likely prioritize over QB. 

RB Barber is also a FA and he got benched for an underachieving Rojo. So RB could also be a need.

Love the picks for the Jets. My only complaint would be that drafting Swift only makes sense if we trade Bell (which could happen). Otherwise spending a pick that valuable on a backup is pointless. If we don't trade Bell than I'd like to see us go back to back OLineman in Round 1 and 2.

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Love the picks for the Jets. My only complaint would be that drafting Swift only makes sense if we trade Bell (which could happen). Otherwise spending a pick that valuable on a backup is pointless. If we don't trade Bell than I'd like to see us go back to back OLineman in Round 1 and 2.

Im assuming yall are moving on from bell 1 way or the other. 

This is totally off for the Lions. They're an awful team, so I can't blame you for not paying close attention to them and their needs. 

CB is not going to be the pick at #5. The Patriots don't select CB's with their first rounders and typically don't rely on them to be early starters. You're going to have to do that with your 1st round pick. The defense is built to have the Defensive Line as a strength. 

1) Derrick Brown, IDL, Auburn

We need significant help on the edge. Flowers has really come into his own as of late but our problem has always been having a guy and never having a book-end. We have Golladay, Marvin Jones, Amendola and Marvin Hall who have all been great contributors this season. We'll need to replace Amendola and Marvin Jones soon enough but there are more pressing needs. 

2) Terrell Lewis, Edge, Alabama

Joe Dahl is a starting OG while Kenny Wiggins makes regular appearances in a rotation. That's right. Dahl. Wiggins. Starters. Enough said. 

3) Solomon Kindley, OG, Georgia