GDT - Week 2: Washington Redskins at Los Angeles Rams

Ghostnote

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

The issue with McVay starts when a team figures out his playcalling tendencies. He can become very predictable and gets away from the run game way too early. But like I said, he's going to do wonders for Goffs development. I honestly believe he's the reason Kirk Cousins is still in the NFL and starting. He's a tremendous QBs coach and I do hope for you guys he ends up just being a tremendous all around coach. He's a good dude and I'll be happy to see him succeed. 

It'll be interesting to see if that happens here. Our run blocking is pretty terrible, but we do have Gurley. Honestly, it might benefit us to get away from the run game if he features Gurley in the passing game. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

Jackson is arguably the most dangerous deep threat the league has ever seen and Garçon was pretty damn dependable. We downgraded considerably and I have no idea why fans didn't see this coming? 

Jackson probably one of the top 15-10 downfield threats of all time ... now that I think about it when we threw it deep it literally caught everything ! His only drop was the jags game .

ill admit ... they where the best wideout dou we have had since the fun bunch .

i felt we had to let them go we aren't ready to be contenders yet and we did have Doctson and Pryor who has tons of potential .. and Crowder had 1000 yards last season !! Give it time will gel ! But our D is what I want consistent the NFL changing again ..slowly becoming defensive again. 

Just now, jrry32 said:

It'll be interesting to see if that happens here. Our run blocking is pretty terrible, but we do have Gurley. Honestly, it might benefit us to get away from the run game if he features Gurley in the passing game. 

I believe you guys will win the game. While I'm a fan of Jay Gruden I just don't think he's anything special as a coach or just a playcaller in general. McVay is much more talented in that regard and I think he's going to embarrass his former team this weekend. I'm hoping for an awful season so we can finally get much needed changes within the organization but Dan isn't going anywhere lol

Just now, Dashing202 said:

Jackson probably one of the top 15-10 downfield threats of all time ... now that I think about it when we threw it deep it literally caught everything ! His only drop was the jags game .

i felt we had to let them go we aren't ready to be contenders yet and we did have Doctson and Pryor who has tons of potential .. and Crowder had 1000 yards last season !! Give it time will gel ! But our D is what I want consistent the NFL changing again ..slowly becoming defensive again. 

I agree to an extent. They needed to let one of them go, both though was beyond moronic. You can't simply let every receiver your QB has a repore with go due to some perceived potential of a young receiver ie Doctson. You think they would've learned this lesson after the Matt Jones debacle but I digress. 

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I agree to an extent. They needed to let one of them go, both though was beyond moronic. You can't simply let every receiver your QB has a repore with go due to some perceived potential of a young receiver ie Doctson. You think they would've learned this lesson after the Matt Jones debacle but I digress. 

It'd be worth it only if Kirk cousins still plays at a high level .. if he doesn't than we will have to rebuild . Good news is this laVar !! With the money from Jackson and Garcon we can resign pieces and add new ones .. season might slump but if our D plays well and we have a year of Pryor and Doctson or whom ever else than we seriously can be contenders !!! 

27 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Gurley a good running back .. mcvay or Gruden has never had a running back like him. I mean who would wanna run 30 times with Jones or Kelly? Morris I could understand but he totally declined and it's evident with Dallas he hasn't even gotten 30 yards yet with them or something .

guely talented but the downfall of Mcvay is he loves to pass way to much but than again like I said from the first sentence he never ever had a running back like him.

44 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I believe you guys will win the game. While I'm a fan of Jay Gruden I just don't think he's anything special as a coach or just a playcaller in general. McVay is much more talented in that regard and I think he's going to embarrass his former team this weekend. I'm hoping for an awful season so we can finally get much needed changes within the organization but Dan isn't going anywhere lol

I have no idea what will happen. The Colts without Luck are garbage. I don't know what the Rams are this year. All I can say is that the performance of our passing game was very promising. Goff looked like the guy we drafted #1 overall. If he continues to play like that, we'll go far. If he doesn't, we'll probably be a bad to mediocre team. If I were a betting man, I'd more Goff continues to play well (even if it's not as well as he did vs. Indy). Wade and Fassel will have the D and STs performing. If McVay has the offense rolling, we might end up in the playoffs.

23 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Gurley a good running back .. mcvay or Gruden has never had a running back like him. I mean who would wanna run 30 times with Jones or Kelly? Morris I could understand but he totally declined and it's evident with Dallas he hasn't even gotten 30 yards yet with them or something .

guely talented but the downfall of Mcvay is he loves to pass way to much but than again like I said from the first sentence he never ever had a running back like him.

Gurley is talented, and the threat of him makes our play-action effective. But our run blocking can't continue to be such garbage.

6 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

"The Posse" was the best WR core we had in team history, not the fun bunch. Monk, Clark and Sanders with Diddier at H-back and Donnie Warren at inline TE. 

Monk ended his career as the all time receptions leader in NFL history, Clark was a do it all guy who frankly should be in the hall of fame and Ricky Sanders was a Djax type wr who didn't have injury issues and wasn't a huge diva like Djax.

26 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

"The Posse" was the best WR core we had in team history, not the fun bunch. Monk, Clark and Sanders when Diddier at H-back and Donnie Warren at inline TE. 

Monk ended his career as the all time receptions leader in NFL history, Clark was a do it all guy who frankly should be in the hall of fame and Ricky Sanders was a Djax type wr who didn't have injury issues and wasn't a huge diva like Djax.

Ok turtle 

51 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Ok turtle 

You know what I wish the NFL would do? Go back to a 10 or 12 round NFL draft and expand rosters to like 60 or 75. 

They could keep Thursday as round 1, Fri rounds 2 & 3, Saturday rounds 4-7 and add a day on Sunday to rounds 8-10 or 8-12.

Wade Phillips plans a pitch count for Aaron Donald

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/14/wade-phillips-plans-a-pitch-count-for-aaron-donald/ via @ProFootballTalk

“It’s more of a pitch count I think,” Phillips said. “But it’s a number of plays and we’ll see how he is. He looked to be in good shape. You know, football shape and shape are two different things because you’re carrying a lot more weight with pads on and so forth. But he doesn’t seem to be bothered too much by the reps we’re giving him in practice. It’s not wearing him out, so we’ll make sure in the ball game that we watch him.”

Phillips isn’t sweating the fact that Donald will be transitioning from a 4-3 defense to a 3-4 defense.

“When you have a great player, I think it’s really not the coaching, I’m sorry to say,” Phillips said. “I think coaching makes a difference, I do think coaching — I wouldn’t be in coaching if I didn’t think it makes a difference and I wouldn’t be in it if I didn’t think we could help good players or even great players get better, so that’s what we try to do. But once you get that caliber of a player, you just have to scheme things where you get him one-on-one as much as you can, things like that. . . .

“When he goes in there, we tell him, ‘Go.’ It’s not real complicated for him. . . . [H]e knows the defense pretty well already. There’s a few things that he had to clean up, but a lot of his play is one-on-one, beat the guy in front of you.”

7 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

O I agree I wanted Wade Phillips to especially from his success from the Texans and the Broncos ! 

I mean who would want Barry or Jim Haslett! No doubt in my mind if we had Wade phillips in 2015-2016 we could of been in the second round of the playoff our offense was pretty good! All we needed was just a ten point difference on d heck even 5 points ! 

Munsky is an upgrade from haz/Barry... obviously my choice would of been Wade ... but Munsky did good week 1 ? Loved how our D played . Offense tho ?By far the worst since john beck.

If Wade Phillips had been hired - like he should have been, I believe all skins fans wanted him - our D would have been better, I'm still not sure how much better because our D didn't have the talent it has now the previous two seasons. Players have to execute on the field and Phillips said as much in an interview yesterday.

I would have hoped that if Phillips was hired he would have had more control on building his defense with who we signed in free agency and maybe he could have talked the FO out of taking Preston Smith over Eddie Goldman, Eric Kendricks or Bernard McKinney. But, maybe not, who knows.

I'm in the wait and see approach now with Preston Smith. He was pretty good Sunday and should've had a couple sacks. Maybe he's turned the corner but who knows? Probably the main reason I didn't understand taking Ryan Anderson when we had a good amount of depth at that position but it's all good. 

Archived