GDT - Week 2: Washington Redskins at Los Angeles Rams

Ghostnote

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I'm in the wait and see approach now with Preston Smith. He was pretty good Sunday and should've had a couple sacks. Maybe he's turned the corner but who knows? Probably the main reason I didn't understand taking Ryan Anderson when we had a good amount of depth at that position but it's all good. 

Wasn't he going up against the guy Kerrigan had 4 sacks against last year for most of the game?

Just now, lavar703 said:

I didn't even realize it. I still think Preston showed improved burst off the edge but I'll have to see how he does this weekend. 

Yea, I'll be extremely impressed if he does well this weekend.  He'll be going up mostly against Whitworth, who is consistently among the best pass blocking LTs in the league.

expect him to be a non-factor, but hope he proves me wrong. He did do better against both the run and pass, but consistency is the key for him. Even if he could string together 6 out of 10 good plays I'd be happier. Game 1 was like 3 good plays, 3 bad plays.

This game has a WWF vibe here in LA to it (yeah dating myself here as everyone of the youngins says "Doc dont you mean WWE?). I'd love to see Gruden and McVay go to the 50 yard line before the game and do some Bobby the Brain Heenan trash talking and then play the game. The young bull going up against the older bull shi** artist to see who is going to be the loser of the Toilet Bowl. But LA is getting into this game-  starting the way the Rams did they are actually getting/ pulling some Dodger and Lonzo coverage away. Poor Chargers, NOBODY even talks about them  

Never want to predict an injury, but this is a game I worry about. No pass play call that requires Kirk to hold the ball more than 2.6 seconds. 

This should help... a little:

Rams DC Wade Phillips suggested DT Aaron Donald could be on a "pitch count" against the Redskins in Week 2.

Donald only has three practices under his belt after holding out all of training camp and it sounds like the Rams will limit his exposure in his season debut Sunday against Washington. Despite the long layoff, Donald has impressed in practice this week and should be back at full speed before long.

22 hours ago, mar29020 said:

we have new receivers on offense this year. give it some time to gel.

Here's the problem with that: after Sunday, the season is 12.5% complete. The bye week comes after 25% of the season is done. No NFL team has the luxury to "give it some to gel" unless you are in year one of a rebuild. Which we are not. That's next year.

I keep hearing "well the Rams played the Colts without Luck and that's why they looked great". You do realize that in 2014 the Rams went to Indy against Luck and spanked the Colts 38-8?

With that being said, I'm interested in this game because of McVay going up again his former team. The Redskins doesn't look right at all. Meanwhile the Rams all offseason that carried into the regular season looks good. My prediction is the Rams win by a FG. It's gonna be close because the Rams also have to think about TNF at San Fran 5 days later. I think Goff builds off that game against Indy. Yes I know it's Indy but the most important thing for a young player is confidence and that's what Goff and that Rams offense as well as the defense has is confidence. Washington is walking into a stirred up beehive because of the way the Rams played plus getting Donald back. Again I think the Rams win by a FG but I think we leave the game saying the same thing about Washington in that they just don't look right on offense. 

31 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I keep hearing "well the Rams played the Colts without Luck and that's why they looked great". You do realize that in 2014 the Rams went to Indy against Luck and spanked the Colts 38-8?

With that being said, I'm interested in this game because of McVay going up again his former team. The Redskins doesn't look right at all. Meanwhile the Rams all offseason that carried into the regular season looks good. My prediction is the Rams win by a FG. It's gonna be close because the Rams also have to think about TNF at San Fran 5 days later. I think Goff builds off that game against Indy. Yes I know it's Indy but the most important thing for a young player is confidence and that's what Goff and that Rams offense as well as the defense has is confidence. Washington is walking into a stirred up beehive because of the way the Rams played plus getting Donald back. Again I think the Rams win by a FG but I think we leave the game saying the same thing about Washington in that they just don't look right on offense. 

Basically all of us except for one person is expecting us to lose. I don't know why you're acting like we're all bashing the Rams? Lol

Archived