GDT - Week 2: Washington Redskins at Los Angeles Rams

Ghostnote

3 hours ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

hell turtle we can be the Giants offense.  Have not scored more than 20 points since Jesus Christ walked the earth. hahahahaha

Yeah, I just came in here to say that the Giants look like trash! How their GM - is it still Jerry Reese? - didn't draft Cam Robinson in round 1 and a mid round interior OL is beyond me. Reese & Macadoo need to be canned. They're wasting a great defense because they didn't upgrade their OL in the offseason.

21 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

We can beat the raiders but Kirk has to step up. I think the D plays well and forced Carr 2 ints .

Well if there is a game to ever get the offense clicking its this one in this young season.  it will be the first time our OL will face an average DL that is for sure.  Cousins should have time but I liked the fact that Gruden adjusted his play calling in the RAMs game and started calling more quick inside passes to help with pass protection.  Lets hope Moses is ok and I think we can certainly take a few shots down the field in this one.

On 9/19/2017 at 5:29 AM, turtle28 said:

I don't know how it's that hard too see. Pryor should continue to get used to catching balls in game situations from Kirk. Cooley explained how each Qbs pass looks different and gets to a wr different and faster or slower than others. Kirk has a good arm, last year Pryor caught balls most of the year from Kessler who has a Mccoy type arm. 

Kirk always starts off slow - which sucks - but I expect him to get better as the season goes on. 

Thompson dropping that pass which possibly would have went for a TD is frankly not something I've seen from him before and don't expect to see it again. Kirk barely overthrew Thompson on the wheel route and I don't expect that to become a regular occurrence as the season goes on.

If Jay runs the ball more in the redzone in the 3rd Q instead of getting cute - which I agree might not change because it is who he is - that's a TD. 

Then, Hop missed a makeable kick, but that doesn't happen every week and the field was in god awful shape because of 3 games being played on it in 3 days.

So, that's literally a possible 24 points that I don't expect us to miss on every week.

So, we are getting close to hitting on all cylinders IMO. It may not happen vs the Raiders or Chiefs, but don't be surprised if this October ends up looking like the past two Octobers for Kirk when he really got in a rhythm and hit is stride. 

If it were just the Cousins/Pryor connection, then I might be a little less pessimistic. However, Thompson has been here for Kirk's entire career. Cousins has been throwing him balls for five years now, and Thompson has been receiving them. The fact that Cousins is overthrowing Thompson and Thompson is dropping passes is NOT a good sign.

Then there is the "f-word" down in the endzone. That's Jay for you in a summary: "doing what would work instead of getting cute."

There will always be "woulda, shoulda, coulda" plays in any game. We have a lot more of them because I do not think the offense is working properly. Maybe they work out the kinks, but I'm dubious with two major opponents in the next two weeks.

Our defense is vastly improved. The Rams, albeit against the 49ers, have just gone over 40 points again and are moving the ball at will. I'm going to go out on a limb and say if the offense can catch up to the defense we have a very solid chance at winning the division. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Our defense is vastly improved. The Rams, albeit against the 49ers, have just gone over 40 points again and are moving the ball at will. I'm going to go out on a limb and say if the offense can catch up to the defense we have a very solid chance at winning the division. 

Come on, Lavar. Your defense isn't legit. Goff the bust is just getting lucky tonight. He's terrible. ;)

13 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Come on, Lavar. Your defense isn't legit. Goff the bust is just getting lucky tonight. He's terrible. ;)

I've been very impressed by you guys this year. I honestly thought you were going to wipe the floor with us but ultimately I was happy with the outcome. This is such a painful game of what might've been for me as a redskins fan with McVay calling a brilliant game and Garçon catching everything thrown his way. It's sort of depressing. 

55 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Nope. I can see him getting developed quite well with McVay. I really hated to see him and Garcon leave. And like @lavar703, its kinda bittersweet watching them do well with you guys and the 49ers

6 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Agreed.  But man last night I was almost in tears watching Garcon play and to think we didn't resign him.  Doctson better get his *** in gear and impress us that is all I got to say

1 hour ago, TheGreeK1973 said:

Agreed.  But man last night I was almost in tears watching Garcon play and to think we didn't resign him.  Doctson better get his *** in gear and impress us that is all I got to say

I think Doctson is going to be a good one, last game he was blocking like Garcon and was wide open on a few plays and Kirk just wasn't looking his way. Also, as Lavar and Dashing said Kirk only did a one step drop and tried to throw a fade to Doctson, if Kirk has taken 3 steps and threw a ball with more air under it then it would have a TD.

I mean from the way Coooley was saying it, Doctson should have had 5 or 6 targets and if they were good passes he would have had at least 3 receptions, over 100 yards and maybe 3 Tds. This is why I'm hopeful that the Raiders game or a game soon is the game where Kirk and the new wrs finally get on the same page and our passing game explodes for over 300 yards and 3 Tds of more.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I think Doctson is going to be a good one, last game he was blocking like Garcon and was wide open on a few plays and Kirk just wasn't looking his way. Also, as Lavar and Dashing said Kirk only did a one step drop and tried to throw a fade to Doctson, if Kirk has taken 3 steps and threw a ball with more air under it then it would have a TD.

I mean from the way Coooley was saying it, Doctson should have had 5 or 6 targets and if they were good passes he would have had at least 3 receptions, over 100 yards and maybe 3 Tds. This is why I'm hopeful that the Raiders game or a game soon is the game where Kirk and the new wrs finally get on the same page and our passing game explodes for over 300 yards and 3 Tds of more.

Well turtle if there is a game to do it its this Sunday night.  Our OL should give him time, the Raiders corners are not all world and KC needs to get going with these receivers because I don't see our D stopping Carr all that much so we need to keep up the score.

Todd Gurley is first with six TDs in first three games since 2011

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/22/todd-gurley-is-first-with-six-tds-in-first-three-games-since-2011/ via @ProFootballTalk

So, after last night's shootout between the 49ers & Rams I think we can establish that the Redskins defense could be pretty good this year. The Rams totally shalackled the 49ers D and on paper their D is pretty good except for the corners. Of course they're missing Ruben Foster and that's a huge loss. It they still have good players in that D.

Archived