*RUMOR* Bezos interested in buying Lions

SwiftPride

4 hours ago, TimeForChange said:

I doubt that the Fords are going to sell anyways, so it's probably a moot point on what he's interested in or not. 

If we want to go down this path though, what is it that's going to change other than who the owner is? Martha Ford fired Martin Mayhew and used a service recommended by the NFL to find her next GM (Bob Quinn). He has fired one coach for not meeting expectations and unless there's a huge turn around, another coach is going to be fired. All of this being done within a 4 year period. It's not like they're holding onto people that are underperforming like they did in years past. 

What is it that Bezos sees in the Lions that would make him intersted in buying them in the first place? Does he have a Detroit/Michigan connection?

7 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I doubt that the Fords are going to sell anyways, so it's probably a moot point on what he's interested in or not. 

If we want to go down this path though, what is it that's going to change other than who the owner is? Martha Ford fired Martin Mayhew and used a service recommended by the NFL to find her next GM (Bob Quinn). He has fired one coach for not meeting expectations and unless there's a huge turn around, another coach is going to be fired. All of this being done within a 4 year period. It's not like they're holding onto people that are underperforming like they did in years past. 

What is it that Bezos sees in the Lions that would make him intersted in buying them in the first place? Does he have a Detroit/Michigan connection?

The one thing that has been consistent with the Lions being a terribly run organization has been the ownership. Hopefully Bezos, or anyone else, will be better at bringing in the right people to right the wrong.

Being the owner of an NFL team is a very exclusive club, If I was obscenely rich I'd want to own a team. 

Just now, Nnivolcm said:

The one thing that has been consistent with the Lions being a terribly run organization has been the ownership. Hopefully Bezos, or anyone else, will be better at bringing in the right people to right the wrong.

Being the owner of an NFL team is a very exclusive club, If I was obscenely rich I'd want to own a team. 

The Fords have said they aren't selling the team and apparently the Bezos rumour is BS. So it is what it is. 

15 hours ago, davisblack said:

As long as the team stays in Detroit I don't really care who buys it, but it will probably just be handed down from Ford to Ford until the end of time.

The only reason I could see the Fords selling is tax implications. 
I doubt that will happen as WCF seemed to have the proper plans in place to prevent that from happening.

Bezos however is in a position to make an offer so lucrative they'd be foolish to turn it down. 

Our 2019 season has not gone as anticipated by anyone in our organization. Our team has played hard and well enough to be very competitive. It has been well-documented that we are one of only three teams to have held the lead in each of our first 12 games. Unfortunately, all too often, we have come up a few plays short of victory. Our current win-loss record is ultimately very disappointing.

As we evaluate this season, we look beyond just our record. We are striving to build a team with a strong foundation of high-character players and coaches, that is physically and mentally tough, with depth at every position and one that can be successful over many years, not just one season. We see signs of this foundation in our team’s toughness, competitiveness and culture. Injuries happen in the NFL and are never an excuse. Nonetheless, our team has played through serious injuries this season to some of our best players. Despite the injuries, we have remained competitive in each game and our team depth showed up as a strength.

We also believe that the most successful teams in our league have a long-term plan, stability in leadership and exhibit patience to follow their plan. To that end, we are committed to year three of Coach Patricia’s plan. To be clear, our expectation is for the Lions to be a playoff contender in 2020.

To our dedicated fans: You deserve a winning team that you are excited to cheer for and proud to represent. Our entire organization is working to make the Lions a consistently winning team.

To our loyal season ticket members: Thank you for your continued support. We are announcing today that once again there will be no price increases for season tickets at Ford Field and several sections at the stadium will see price decreases. We want our fans to fill Ford Field for every game, continuing to make it the great home field advantage that inspires our players and makes it difficult for our opponents.

Thank you for your continued support, Happy Holidays and GO LIONS!

Sincerely,

Martha Firestone Ford

Sheila Ford Hamp

Rod Wood

https://detroitsportsnation.com/detroit-lions-ownership-publishes-open-letter-fans/apowell/detroit-lions-news/12/18/2019/215631/?fbclid=IwAR1NkTlMTNy37LEcNx080Lg3hEkRBojSb2Lt5K6SdDowJSu06bQeMddrGfI

On 2019-12-18 at 5:35 PM, Nnivolcm said:

After the news release, champagne corks were popped as ownership celebrated another season of successfully marketing a bottom tier product. 🤠

• Like 1

On 12/17/2019 at 9:07 AM, Karnage84 said:

I believe the silver dome site in Pontiac has plans to be an Amazon distribution center. Other than that I can't think of anything?

It's more than just a connection, I bet Bezo's is interested in any NFL team that becomes available. The influence you can make from owning one of these franchises is tremendous business wise. 

How I feel about it. Meh? Idk, depends how competitive Bezo's is with his franchise. Idk if it'll be a marketing influential, profit machine for him or if he'll actually wanna build a winner. I don't know Bezo's demeanor enough to know if that's really what he'd wanna do. 

Edited by SimbaWho

47 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

I believe the silver dome site in Pontiac has plans to be an Amazon distribution center. Other than that I can't think of anything?

It's more than just a connection, I bet Bezo's is interested in any NFL team that becomes available. The influence you can make from owning one of these franchises is tremendous business wise. 

How I feel about it. Meh? Idk, depends how competitive Bezo's is with his franchise. Idk if it'll be a marketing influential, profit machine for him or if he'll actually wanna build a winner. I don't know Bezo's demeanor enough to know if that's really what he'd wanna do. 

Sometimes the devil you don't know is better than the one you do.