GDT: Chiefs @ Bears, 12/22, Primetime

beardown3231

8 hours ago, topwop1 said:

This is the type of dumbass **** that I'm talking about from Nagy.

He has no rhyme or reason to what he's doing as a head coach. 

Just completely all over the place.

Inside the 10 he went for the touchdown because he knew with the lousy QB he would never get back there again so why not?

He took the FG later just to not be shutout.

The reasons are quite clear.

9 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I would love George to shock us and fire Pace. Just show us that they are not willing to wait and throw away more time.

Me too. I said it a few weeks ago. Everyone who talks about lame duck coaches- who cares? Do better. If they stink again next year, fire Nagy and let the new GM get his guy.

11 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Yup. My gut tells me that things just aren't going to work with these guys.

It's actually very depressing to think about that they will go through another season of this just to arrive at the conclusion we all know is inevitable.

Thankfully it's just a game and we should not let it affect our lives much if at all.

This is true and very depressing. Mitch is clearly not the guy and they will trout him out next year with an improved line and run game. We go 9-7 while he keeps putting up stinkers every other week and it's "progress."

1 minute ago, Nads786 said:

This is true and very depressing. Mitch is clearly not the guy and they will trout him out next year with an improved line and run game. We go 9-7 while he keeps putting up stinkers every other week and it's "progress."

And then they pick 16th or so & the two top QB's are off the board. Same old s***

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Inside the 10 he went for the touchdown because he knew with the lousy QB he would never get back there again so why not?

He took the FG later just to not be shutout.

The reasons are quite clear.

Oook lol it's not really that clear to me but if you want to justify his decisions then by all means.  I know you're a Nagy fan and you are going to defend him but let's be real.

The fact that beat writers and other people are tweeting about it means that something is wrong.

Even if it's true that the QB is holding him back, there is a lot of room for improvement  as far as making better situational decisions.

11 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Oook lol it's not really that clear to me but if you want to justify his decisions then by all means.  I know you're a Nagy fan and you are going to defend him but let's be real.

The fact that beat writers and other people are tweeting about it means that something is wrong.

Even if it's true that the QB is holding him back, there is a lot of room for improvement  as far as making better situational decisions.

Who is tweeting about it? I saw one writer. He went for 4th and goal inside the 5. A lot of coaches do that. In the 3rd quarter he made it a 2 possession game by taking 3 points. Whatever. If you want to go off of what beat writers say, multiple are saying today that it's time for Trubisky to go. They're writers, not football experts.

I'm not a "Nagy fan." It's just clear that the QB is pathetic. Someone tweeted today that no offense over the last 20 years has been great with a bad QB. It's impossible. As for your final point, I don't disagree. Sometimes the play calling is boring, but we also don't always see what else is there if the QB is locking onto Robinson right away. Did the 3rd and 10 play before the FG look good? No. But Trubisky also threw it within 1 second to Robinson for 2 yards. The guy panics. He's clueless. His accuracy is poor. What else is there to see?

If this is how the offense looks next year, everyone is gone so we'll both get our wish. I just don't think it'd be fair to Nagy if they finish 25th or worse again next year offensively and this clown is his QB.

Edited by beardown3231

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

Who is tweeting about it? I saw one writer. He went for 4th and goal inside the 5. A lot of coaches do that. In the 3rd quarter he made it a 2 possession game by taking 3 points. Whatever. 

I'm not a "Nagy fan." It's just clear that the QB is pathetic. Someone tweeted today that no offense over the last 20 years has been great with a bad QB. It's impossible. As for your final point, I don't disagree. Sometimes the play calling is boring, but we also don't always see what else is there if the QB is locking onto Robinson right away.

If this is how the offense looks next year, everyone is gone so we'll both get our wish. I just don't think it'd be fair to Nagy if they finish 25th or worse again next year offensively and this clown is his QB.

Listen I get your points about the QB play, it's fully justified.  Simply put Mitch has to be a lot better.

But as for being fair to Nagy, he signed up for this job knowing Mitch was going to be his project at QB and he continues to support him and play him each week, and they didn't add any real competition last off season.

If he continues to say the same things and give full support to Mitch in the coming off season and they don't make a move to add another QB that can push for the starting job, and then they proceed to have another piss poor offense next year, then I'm sorry but Nagy is going to deserve a lot more criticism and blame then he's already getting right now.

If he needs a new QB to make his offense work then he better try and go get that guy this off season.  I do not want to hear any more excuses for him next year.  This is his chance to redeem himself if he's going to be the coach here for years to come.

Best of luck to him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Listen I get your points about the QB play, it's fully justified.  Simply put Mitch has to be a lot better.

But as for being fair to Nagy, he signed up for this job knowing Mitch was going to be his project at QB and he continues to support him and play him each week, and they didn't add any real competition last off season.

If he continues to say the same things and give full support to Mitch in the coming off season and they don't make a move to add another QB that can push for the starting job, and then they proceed to have another piss poor offense next year, then I'm sorry but Nagy is going to deserve a lot more criticism and blame then he's already getting right now.

If he needs a new QB to make his offense work then he better try and go get that guy this off season.  I do not want to hear any more excuses for him next year.  This is his chance to redeem himself if he's going to be the coach here for years to come.

Best of luck to him.

I'm not sure "he" could've went and found another QB. I'm sure he gives Pace his input but Pace wasn't going to use a high pick or a lot of money on a QB last offseason. It just wasn't going to happen

While I also agree that Nagy signed up for Trubisky, he also couldn't have anticipated this regression. Sure, he can tell him every week until the cows come home to plant your feet and step into your throws and we all love you and be confident but if Trubisky can't help himself and he's mentally fragile and evidently not very smart, what else can Nagy do?

I agree- if the offense sucks with a new QB then yes, Nagy deserves to be fired

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

I'm not sure "he" could've went and found another QB. I'm sure he gives Pace his input but Pace wasn't going to use a high pick or a lot of money on a QB last offseason. It just wasn't going to happen

While I also agree that Nagy signed up for Trubisky, he also couldn't have anticipated this regression. Sure, he can tell him every week until the cows come home to plant your feet and step into your throws and we all love you and be confident but if Trubisky can't help himself and he's mentally fragile and evidently not very smart, what else can Nagy do?

I agree- if the offense sucks with a new QB then yes, Nagy deserves to be fired

How many coaches did Cutler have to help him with his bad mechanics? Gase was the only one close enough to do anything for him, and he was still average.

11 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

How many coaches did Cutler have to help him with his bad mechanics? Gase was the only one close enough to do anything for him, and he was still average.

Easy to have good mechanics in Gase's offense since every other pass is behind the LOS xD

But yeah, at some point it's the Cutler era again. Trubisky needs Pro Bowlers all over to be successful it seems