GDT: Chiefs @ Bears, 12/22, Primetime

beardown3231

This game is a nightmare matchup for the Bears, plus you've got the 2017 draft dangling over the whole show like rotten misteltoe.

The Bears haven't been great in pressure or coverage, and we're facing a team full of speed freaks catching balls from Mahomes. I predict there's at least 1 great shot of Floyd running right past Mahomes as he delivers a 90 yd bomb.  The Chiefs defense is not as bad you think if you haven't watched them all year.  They're also fighting for seeding. Every single matchup for us is bad except maybe their run game against our defense. We're doomed and it's going to be ugly. I don't care about the final score since it's going to be depressing.

What I do want to see is evalution and experimentation.  Lets get Ridley and Wims the ball some. Lets get Bars out if he's fit. Lets see if Toliver or Shelley can keep up.  Lets see Kwiatkowski  match up against Kelce.  Lets put tape over the bottom of our screens so we don't see the core. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

This game is a nightmare matchup for the Bears, plus you've got the 2017 draft dangling over the whole show like rotten misteltoe.

The Bears haven't been great in pressure or coverage, and we're facing a team full of speed freaks catching balls from Mahomes. I predict there's at least 1 great shot of Floyd running right past Mahomes as he delivers a 90 yd bomb.  The Chiefs defense is not as bad you think if you haven't watched them all year.  They're also fighting for seeding. Every single matchup for us is bad except maybe their run game against our defense. We're doomed and it's going to be ugly. I don't care about the final score since it's going to be depressing.

What I do want to see is evalution and experimentation.  Lets get Ridley and Wims the ball some. Lets get Bars out if he's fit. Lets see if Toliver or Shelley can keep up.  Lets see Kwiatkowski  match up against Kelce.  Lets put tape over the bottom of our screens so we don't see the core. 

Really good post, but Kelce vs Kwiatkoski is a nightmare. Then again Kelce vs 90% of LB's is a nightmare which is what makes Kelce so good. We know what we have in Kwiatkoski: good run defender, good blitzer, subpar in coverage (although improved). I can see him being brought back in the spring despite that liability. Smith was taken 8th overall as a do-it-all guy. Although 2 of those types would be great, it's not a must have.

Im deffently puting the tv on mute for this one. Im sure the anouncers will beat to death the "Bears could have drafted Mahomes or Watson" angle as soon as Trubisky strugles. Even if Tru plays deacent that horse will be beat to death.

I think I'll put some Rage Against the Machine on for this one.

34 - 14 KC

22 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Everyone says just run the ball.

If you were OC and every run you called was stuffed or a loss what are you going to do?  Keep calling runs?

We can't run the ball.  At least not in a single back set.

Then they need more fullback. And much less Cohen. Also, I'd call their normal package of running plays kind of uninspired. Like Nagy views the running game as a necessary evil, so doesn't put much thought into it. 

57 minutes ago, DABEARSLCF04 said:

I think I'll put some Rage Against the Machine on for this one.

Ditching your usual Slim Whitman, eh? 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Then they need more fullback. And much less Cohen. Also, I'd call their normal package of running plays kind of uninspired. Like Nagy views the running game as a necessary evil, so doesn't put much thought into it. 

Ditching your usual Slim Whitman, eh? 

I don't agree.  Nagy has been very creative with spread runs, they just can't execute them because the Ol keeps getting over powered by every dl.  

In 2019 all of our OL are physically weaker than almost any NFL DL except maybe Coward whose technique has been so poor that it makes him perhaps our worst OL right now.  

Daniels who turned 21 last year is actually weaker this year than last. That is crazy unless he was on steroids up to that point and got off them this year.  I think he just didn't go hard in offseason at all.  I think that is true for our entire OL.  

Their only hope to run the ball is with a Fb or extra OL, but team is not built that way and 95% of offense is designed without a FB. 

Nagy does not want to call 5% of his playbook.  He wants to keep MT moving forward in his standard offense.  

Nagy is stuck between a rock and hard place.  He doesn't have personnel to run his offense, but he doesn't want to run a different one that might work because in his mind it would just be wheel spinning in long run.  It might get you a win or two in short term, but doesn't get you better. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I

Nagy does not want to call 5% of his playbook.  He wants to keep MT moving forward in his standard offense.  

Nagy is stuck between a rock and hard place.  He doesn't have personnel to run his offense, but he doesn't want to run a different one that might work because in his mind it would just be wheel spinning in long run.  It might get you a win or two in short term, but doesn't get you better. 

That's pretty much it regarding what Nagy looks like from the outside

He needs to either fix the personnel issues or get past his desire to see his perfect offense next season or I think his seat is going to warm

35 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Got that right. Hoping for back to back 2nd rounders. Further if MIN wins tomorrow I want them to beat the Bears next week so Green Bay is the 6.

Being a Raider fan, I hate the Chiefs and would never hope they win. However, since a Chiefs win helps both the Bears and Raiders draft picks, I have to hope for a Bears loss. My brother has Bears season tickets, so I go to a lot of Bears games and always root for the Bears. Obviously I can't today though. Good luck and Bear down next week.

Edited by SBXISBXVSBXVIII

1 hour ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Being a Raider fan, I hate the Chiefs and would never hope they win. However, since a Chiefs win helps both the Bears and Raiders draft picks, I have to hope for a Bears loss. My brother has Bears season tickets, so I go to a lot of Bears games and always root for the Bears. Obviously I can't today though. Good luck and Bear down next week.

No, I hope they lose again next week xD