Week 16: Texans (9-5) @ Bucs (7-7) - 1pm Saturday

bucsfan333

43 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Beating a healthy Texans team with how banged up we are would be amazing.

Missing Watt is a huge plus.  I think the offense can still exploit their secomdary even with the injuries.

I m more concerned about Whitehead going down because I think Stewart will be going in.  I think he is cooked.  Watson gets sacked nearly as much as Jameis.

I want them to show they can be a consistent winner at home.  A win guarantees the Bucs a second place finish in the division.  Baby steps.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Still have Mazzi and MJ. Hopefully they both get the nod before R Smith.

hopefully. I would be more worried if Carlton was a DNP today.  Stewart has been scratched with Mazzi ahead of him.  I fear Smith will get the call to play outside in nickel and kick SMB to nickel just like Jacksonville.

Just now, ravishingone said:

hopefully. I would be more worried if Carlton was a DNP today.  Stewart has been scratched with Mazzi ahead of him.  I fear Smith will get the call to play outside in nickel and kick SMB to nickel just like Jacksonville.

Probably. 

I think Stewart is like our fifth safety and third slot CB. 

Just now, bucsfan333 said:

Probably. 

I think Stewart is like our fifth safety and third slot CB. 

Yeah, he is way down the depth chart.  I think they ll still ride Edwards at the slot over Stewart.  Texans give up just as many sacks as the Bucs, so they should get pressure on Watson.

I think Shaq gets the record on Saturday.

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

Yeah, he is way down the depth chart.  I think they ll still ride Edwards at the slot over Stewart.  Texans give up just as many sacks as the Bucs, so they should get pressure on Watson.

I think Shaq gets the record on Saturday.

I wonder how we try to contain Watson. Suh and Vea can can pretty much do whatever we need them to in the middle. If we want them to push the pocket and rush, they can. If we want them to eat space, fill gaps, and force Watson left or right, they can do that too.

I think (more than usual) it's gonna depend on Shaq, JPP, and Nassib to keep contain and also get after Watson.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I wonder how we try to contain Watson. Suh and Vea can can pretty much do whatever we need them to in the middle. If we want them to push the pocket and rush, they can. If we want them to eat space, fill gaps, and force Watson left or right, they can do that too.

I think (more than usual) it's gonna depend on Shaq, JPP, and Nassib to keep contain and also get after Watson.

Bowles blitzed the hell out of Wilsom, and the secondary has gained experience since then.    

19 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Bowles blitzed the hell out of Wilsom, and the secondary has gained experience since then.    

We seem to blitz a lot less now. We were leading the league in blitz percentage by a bit for a while. I think it was near 60%. But now we're second at only like 47%.

Could be an adjustment Bowles made. Or maybe just different game plans that didn't call for it as much.

• Like 2