Week 16 GDT - Rams @ 49ers

Forge

49ers-vs-rams.jpg

Need a win to stay in the hunt for the #1 seed, and we badly need that #1 seed. 

Current status of the 49ers: 

giphy.gif

Rams should be going after it hard this game. While their chances of the playoffs are slim, I don't believe that they have been formally eliminated as of yet. Aaron Donald should feast, as he usually does against, we just have to hope that we can make plays around him. 

• Like 1

Yep, if they win out and Minnesota loses out, I think they have a slight chance of making the playoffs.

The Rams defense has either been flat out dominant or just flat out bad since getting Ramsey. No in between with them. Will need to get the run game going from the first quarter on and have hopefully better communication up front. Donald certainly won't make it easy. Our bookends have been fine though and McGlinchey is getting better and better. 

Have to attack their LBs with our backs and Kittle. Will be interesting to see if Ramsey travels on Sanders or just plays a side. Either way, fair to say we need to get our WRs involved this game unlike last week. Still no clue on what the hell happened and why we couldn't get our WRs any touches. 

Will be interesting to see if Sherman/Tartt return this week. More than anything, we need them to stay disciplined on the back end and have better communication. Harris played much better on Sunday but we clearly still had communication issues leading to some big plays. 

Hopefully our pass rush can feast this week like they did in the first meeting. Goff doesn't get it off as quickly as Brees/Ryan so that will help. Let's see if Saleh makes any adjustments if the Rams do implement a quick hitting passing game. 

The loss to the Falcons was terrible but it happens sometimes. Expecting a nice bounce back performance from the team.

SF 27 LAR 16 

Pass rush has to find a way to get home. Goff struggles when the pocket gets chaotic. IT doesn't need to equate to sacks for it to be effective. Just create chaos around him and force him to check it down. Then rally and tackle. Hopefully K'Waun will be back. The rams were playing better defensively, but last week they were not that good. Get the run game going early and take advantage of the LB's on this team. I expect it to be a bit of a struggle early, but the short week is best for this team to get back out there and wipe away the last effort.

27-17 49ers

Yeah, sorry not seeing the Rams beating us by more than one score. This team has three losses.........All coming down to the last 10 seconds. If they lose, which is possible depending on the version of the Rams that show up, likely comes down to the wire again. 

But if we get Williams/Tartt/Sherman back as well as say Taylor, I feel confident in our defense performing well.  

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

But if we get Williams/Tartt/Sherman back as well as say Taylor, I feel confident in our defense performing well.  

I should put an addendum to that - I'm assuming that Tartt and Sherman are for sure out (along with Ford), and unsure about Williams. If they are actually going to play, I may re-evaluate. 

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

I should put an addendum to that - I'm assuming that Tartt and Sherman are for sure out (along with Ford), and unsure about Williams. If they are actually going to play, I may re-evaluate. 

Tartt should be back from what Shanahan said. Sherman said before the Falcons game that he will miss that one because the coaches want him to but he will target returning the following week then. Reed filled in admirably for Williams last week but would still be good to get him back against Kupp/Woods. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Very nice! Sherman was going to push hard to play this week, but don't want another Ford situation repeat. 

I'm more concerned about Tartt. Harris needs to be back on the bench. Tartt back in the lineup is way more important than Sherman. Williams back on the field is important as well. Especially with Kupp. 

4 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I'm more concerned about Tartt. Harris needs to be back on the bench. Tartt back in the lineup is way more important than Sherman. Williams back on the field is important as well. Especially with Kupp. 

I was very very very disappointed in Saleh that Moore only played 1 snap on Sunday. just one. Harris was better but still a liability in coverage and in the run game. Moore played earlier in the year and was fine. Not sure why he wasn't even given like 20% of the snaps just to get some film out there for the coaches to evaluate going into this week.

I also hate the idea of 'we run cover 3 so that's what we run' mentality. We needed to run some cover 2 against julio. That never happened.