Week 16 GDT - Rams @ 49ers

Forge

5 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

Cowboys vs. Eagles - Doesn't matter for 49ers seeding, but you should root for whomever you would rather visit as a potential 5th seed. 

this is an interesting question to me

If dallas wins today, they sit their starters and get ready for us/seattle. If philly wins, they have to win next week to win the division. So dallas winning today would be worse for the 5 seed for that reason alone. 

so it would be better if seattle had to go to rested dallas, but if we are the 5 seed I would much rather go to philly

So the question really becomes - do you think the niners will win next week? if you are worried seattle will be the 2 seed, then you want philly today for sure. Going to a rested dallas would definately be the worst case scenario, but I am very confident in the 49ers right now. Personally, I dont care who wins between dallas/philly. . 

being the #1 seed, we could get philly/dallas as our first home game as well. could also get the vikings, who are dangerous - their defensive front would give us some problems. So I am choosing to operate under the assumption we win next week and that this game doesnt really matter to us. We are going to win next week and get the bye