Week 16 GDT - Rams @ 49ers

Forge

7 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Grateful for the win but that was just a complete **** show by both the offense and the defense. We totally deserved to lose that game. Rams clearly outplayed us. I know we're injured but we can't go into the playoffs playing our worst ball of the year. Was not impressed with our performance. A win is a win but that's TWO weeks in a row, AT HOME we've been outplayed. Have we've peaked??? I pray we haven't. This team is playing like it definitely needs a bye. I was certain we could win it all w/o it but now....we're looking extremely vunerable. 

Naw man, this was a division game. They kicked out ***** up and down the field but we pulled out the W in great fashion. These guys know the goal and didn't let down at the end.

11 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Grateful for the win but that was just a complete **** show by both the offense and the defense. We totally deserved to lose that game. Rams clearly outplayed us. I know we're injured but we can't go into the playoffs playing our worst ball of the year. Was not impressed with our performance. A win is a win but that's TWO weeks in a row, AT HOME we've been outplayed. Have we've peaked??? I pray we haven't. This team is playing like it definitely needs a bye. I was certain we could win it all w/o it but now....we're looking extremely vunerable. 

Yup. Gotta pray Tartt and Ford come back to make a difference. The loss of the rotational DL guys just completely messed up the defense. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

Naw man, this was a division game. They kicked out ***** up and down the field but we pulled out the W in great fashion. These guys know the goal and didn't let down at the end.

Divisonal games are tough no doubt, but our defense has been shredded for nearly 3 weeks now. They had Goff looking like Drew Brees back there. ZERO sacks in 2 out of our last 3 games. Shanny has kinda of lost his way as far as the play-calling. We're in shotgun way too much for my liking. Some of the personnel is puzzling....we just have alot of things that are starting to worry me as we try to close out this season. 

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

Divisonal games are tough no doubt, but our defense has been shredded for nearly 3 weeks now. They had Goff looking like Drew Brees back there. ZERO sacks in 2 out of our last 3 games. Shanny has kinda of lost his way as far as the play-calling. We're in shotgun way too much for my liking. Some of the personnel is puzzling....we just have alot of things that are starting to worry me as we try to close out this season. 

We have 3 total sacks in 4 games (and the one against Baltimore shouldn't even count, it was a loss of 0 yards). The int today was our first since Seattle.

Some very rough play

27 minutes ago, straighthate said:

Spoon was the worst player on the field tonight. And Saleh needs to make some serious adjustments. His defense is getting picked apart in the second half of the season. 

Mcvay had a really good gameplan tonight. Our defense was not ready for what they wanted to do to us. I blame Saleh for not being prepared but I give him credit for making adjustments and forcing the Rams to change what they were doing. Goff has a slow release and when he is hurried he is inaccurate. They got him on the edge and found holes in the zone. It was smart. It took us waaaay too long to tell the DE not to crash down on the run fake and to play contain. Once we started doing that, the Rams couldn't do much. 

so, Saleh gets credit for making adjustments but also deserves blame for the bad gameplan. 

Spoon will be ok. Tough night for him but the Rams did a good job of identifying man/zone and then beating us with good route combinations. He's not the corner you want running across the field in man coverage against kupp. 

The thing I love about Garoppolo is that no matter how poorly he's played, he can shake it off and make clutch plays when needed

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

We have 3 total sacks in 4 games (and the one against Baltimore shouldn't even count, it was a loss of 0 yards). The int today was our first since Seattle.

Some very rough play

I just don't understand what the defense gameplanned for all week. You know what the Rams like to do. Heck, you see it everyday in practice to a degree. And we looked absolutely clueless for most of the game trying to defend them when they moved the pocket. Spoon was horrible in coverage most of the game. So were the safties, though Harris did have his moments...and a dropped int. We were just not good enough. I thought the Falcons had a good gameplan and a alien named Julio. I expected them to have their moments. But that Rams team should not have carved us up like that. Especially with their O-Line as banged up as it is.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

Marcell Harris played a lot better tonight. A lot better. 

Kyle said in the post game lockerroom "we had two 3rd and 16s, we had them right where we ****ing wanted them" and the laughed lol 

1 minute ago, 757-NINER said:

I just don't understand what the defense gameplanned for all week. You know what the Rams like to do. Heck, you see it everyday in practice to a degree. And we looked absolutely clueless for most of the game trying to defend them when they moved the pocket. Spoon was horrible in coverage most of the game. So were the safties, though Harris did have his moments...and a dropped int. We were just not good enough. I thought the Falcons had a good gameplan and a alien named Julio. I expected them to have their moments. But that Rams team should not have carved us up like that. Especially with a their O-Line as banged up as it is.

I agree 100%. Horrible gameplan for defense. Took a long time to adjust but I do give him credit for making the adjustments. 

I said the same thing early - wtf did we gameplan for if we didnt gameplan for the boot game 

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

The niners loss to the Falcons I thought gave Min the advantage?

I'm sure @y2lamanaki is going to tell you exactly exactly why we have the tie breaker, but all of the media here keep saying that if we win next week we are #1 seed.

Edit: realized you were talking about the 5th seed 

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1