GDT Game 15: Here come the Lions

AKRNA

Well, not much to play for as far as W/L goes. For a lot of young players though this is near the last chance to show what they’ve got.  Kind of a roster builder.

Things I’m curious about:

Will another WR step up as a strong option for Lock?

Is Schlottman any more than a backup?

Just how thin really is our DL?

Can the left side of our OL have another strong game?

Anyway, you guys can fill in the rest. I figure we’ve got a decent chance of winning the last 2. Yee haw! That’d have me on the hook for the 1st GDT of 2020. I’d be fine with that.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, The Helicopter said:

We should win handily so long as the TEAM shows up ready to play. The last thing we need is a team in transition with half the bunch on cruise control thinking about the off season.

I dont think that will be the case. Too many young guys that seem motivated especially with Lock and players on defense playing for their next contract.

However, I would like to see some more of Winfree instead of Hamilton. He looked great in preseason and I feel like we havent seen him on the field since Flacco was at QB for a few drives. Also would like to see Spencer worked into the offense a little bit more. He has big play ability and would like to see some shots down field with him or more jet sweeps. I feel like the offense right now relies far too much on Fant/Sutton/Lindsay. Would be cool to open it up a bit more and not be so top heavy.

• Like 1

Interesting twist.  We could be playing against Kyle Sloter.    Can’t help but root for the guy.  We should still be clear favorites at home but DET is right to see what they have.  After a hot 1H In Turkey Day David Blough showed why he was an afterthought.  Sloter can’t hurt DET worse by playing.  

Edited by Broncofan

38 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Interesting nugget I heard from Mase:

Garett Bolles has hired longtime NFL offensive coach Ken Zampese to help him understand mental concepts, independent of the Broncos. 

That’s a start because he’s always seemed to be someone to never admit that they’re wrong or need any help. I’ve formed this opinion based on his attitude on the field and from numerous reports from media and players.

48 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

That’s a start because he’s always seemed to be someone to never admit that they’re wrong or need any help. I’ve formed this opinion based on his attitude on the field and from numerous reports from media and players.

If he get the mental aspect, watch out, because he is a freak athlete.  But, let's see what happens?  

3 hours ago, iLikeDefense said:

He's taken precisely zero accountability for his mistakes. Glad to see he's doing this. Now he needs to improve. 

• Like 3

I expect Denver to win this game because Detroit is a mess and in some turmoil themselves. If the players like Matt Patricia, maybe they'll play hard. Unclear if they do. Blough sucks, so it'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

Lock ending at home will be good for him. I expect he'll have a lot of support, and the Broncos will not be throttling back since they need him to get meaningful experience and grow from it. 

I also would like to see how young guys along the OL/DL play. I've seen enough from some of the secondary players and WR to form opinions. Less so with the trench guys. 

On 12/18/2019 at 7:28 PM, broncos67 said:

I expect Denver to win this game because Detroit is a mess and in some turmoil themselves. If the players like Matt Patricia, maybe they'll play hard. Unclear if they do. Blough sucks, so it'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

Lock ending at home will be good for him. I expect he'll have a lot of support, and the Broncos will not be throttling back since they need him to get meaningful experience and grow from it. 

I also would like to see how young guys along the OL/DL play. I've seen enough from some of the secondary players and WR to form opinions. Less so with the trench guys. 

The Lions are a perennial disaster.  Re the bold, trust me the Lions hate Patricia.   A coworkers brother played on the Lions last year and we got a lot of good info.  Patricia is seen as a bafoon.  This year with the the trade of Quandre Diggs they lost the whole locker room.  I remember even the NFL network analysts scratching their heads on that one.  Darius Slay went nuts after that trade.  They were still in the hunt when they pulled the trigger on the Diggs trade the first week of November.  As I live right across the river I pull for all the Detroit teams including the Lions.  But during your Thanksgiving week it got into the air waves that if they lost to the bears Patricia would be fired for sure and likely Quinn as well.  All the radio talk shows were kind of hoping for a loss so this would materialize.  We were all talking about the imminent firings.  Don't know where that sentiment of hope came from but it obviously never materialized!  In fact the Lions just printed a letter to the fans apologizing for the season.  Funny how Quinn fired Caldwell with a 9-7 record saying the Lions just weren't there and that Fatso would get them there.  Now Fatso Fathead says he sees a foundation for the future.  Wow Patricia you took a contender and turned them into a pretender, a shell of what you had just two years ago and who knows how Stafford's future will be and this years qb class is not as first seen and likely with no Tua and no Fromm as clearly no one would want him at this stage.  The Lions are a mess.  When my player source played on a different team and rolled into Detroit to play them he was stunned that no one on his team at the time realized what a mess Detroit truly was.  Guess you have to be from around here to see the repeated hopelessness of this franchise.  Got my Lions rant out - GO BRONCOS in an easy win!!!!!!!!!