GDT Game 15: Here come the Lions

AKRNA

It’s still early, but it’s hard not to think Lock could be an excellent QB for Denver and the guy leading this team for the next decade.  He still has a lot to clean up, but even with his footwork a mess he’s an average NFL starter at worst. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I think Von gets nitpicked to death by some fans. He's created plays for his teammates all game. 

Haha no he didn’t.  Not until the Lions were down and in a position where they had to pass did Miller show up today.  This isn’t new, just really noticeable today with him being blocked 1 on 1 for the majority of the game (the argument for his lack of production is he’s getting double teamed, Detroit didn’t do that).  By no means am I saying he’s trash, but he has not been a good football player this year and anyone thinking he has is doing so off nostalgia.

2 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

Can this crew chill out with the flags? It’s unwatchable enough already.

I used to watch the one o'clock Lions game followed by the Bronco's game but over the last few years it was just to much for me.  Felt like killing myself after all the pathetic play I was taking in.  Honestly I now usually play games on the desktop with the one o'clock games on the tv and just listening to them.  Then I watch the Bronco's and some of the night game.  It's getting harder to watch football in general (reffing).  Do like Lock though.  Did everyone catch Cowher on the halftime show saying we have a future with him.  Finally..............  legitimate hope

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, anewdawn said:

I used to watch the one o'clock Lions game followed by the Bronco's game but over the last few years it was just to much for me.  Felt like killing myself after all the pathetic play I was taking in.  Honestly I now usually play games on the desktop with the one o'clock games on the tv and just listening to them.  Then I watch the Bronco's and some of the night game.  It's getting harder to watch football in general (reffing).  Do like Lock though.  Did everyone catch Cowher on the halftime show saying we have a future with him.  Finally..............  legitimate hope

If we can beat the Raiders next week, Denver will have finished the season on a 4-1 run with Lock as the starter. That’s pretty good momentum; if Elway doesn’t get too cute and actually addresses the o-line in this year’s draft, we’ll be back in the discusssion next year. 

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

Haha no he didn’t.  Not until the Lions were down and in a position where they had to pass did Miller show up today.  This isn’t new, just really noticeable today with him being blocked 1 on 1 for the majority of the game (the argument for his lack of production is he’s getting double teamed, Detroit didn’t do that).  By no means am I saying he’s trash, but he has not been a good football player this year and anyone thinking he has is doing so off nostalgia.

Uh, yes, he did. And he absolutely has been a good football player this year. Playing disciplined, setting the edge well, ranks high in pressure numbers across the board. And my opinion comes from watching the games, just as you are, not from "nostalgia". We've both posted here long enough that you should know better than to undermine my or anyone else's capacity to watch the games and form opinions purely from that.

"He has not been a good football player this year" is just a ridiculous statement, a product of both out of touch expectations and a general disrespect from fans that seems to come from the idea that he doesn't always try his hardest. So, if you think he's underperformed, say that. When you say he hasn't been a good football player, you lose all credibility. I don't even think you believe that. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

15 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Uh, yes, he did. And he absolutely has been a good football player this year. Playing disciplined, setting the edge well, ranks high in pressure numbers across the board. And my opinion comes from watching the games, just as you are, not from "nostalgia". We've both posted here long enough that you should know better than to undermine my or anyone else's capacity to watch the games and form opinions purely from that.

"He has not been a good football player this year" is just a ridiculous statement, a product of both out of touch expectations and a general disrespect from fans that seems to come from the idea that he doesn't always try his hardest. So, if you think he's underperformed, say that. When you say he hasn't been a good football player, you lose all credibility. I don't even think you believe that. 

Love the bolded and then look at your next paragraph. Classic.

Anyway, yeah Miller hasn’t been good.  That’s just not what I’m watching, but also what the analytic websites are saying.  Miller’s always been a “closer” type player and that’s where he makes his impact.  On bad teams where he can’t pin his ears back that’s what you end up with.  That’s not to trash Von, but that’s just the player he is.  If Denver is a playoff team next year I’d fully expect him to perform at a higher level.

24 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Love the bolded and then look at your next paragraph. Classic.

Anyway, yeah Miller hasn’t been good.  That’s just not what I’m watching, but also what the analytic websites are saying.  Miller’s always been a “closer” type player and that’s where he makes his impact.  On bad teams where he can’t pin his ears back that’s what you end up with.  That’s not to trash Von, but that’s just the player he is.  If Denver is a playoff team next year I’d fully expect him to perform at a higher level.

What I said in bold is true. You know I watch the games. Knock the arrogance down about 10%. 

And if those nameless analytic websites say so, who am I to disagree? 

Edited by BroncoBruin

22 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

What I said in bold is true. You know I watch the games. Knock the arrogance down about 10%. 

And if those nameless analytic websites say so, who am I to disagree? 

I never said you didn’t watch the games nor am I being arrogant and the site I’m referring too is Pro Football Focus.  Jesus....knock down the hostility about 20%...absolutely uncalled for over nothing.

Edited by germ-x