Injuries

Pandomonium

4 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I disagree on Garland, though I will say I had no problem with him against the Seahawks. If he can play like that with consistency, I'll be okay with it. But he was brutal enough previously to be concerned. 

Dee Ford is the wildcard in there. The assumption is he will return. The question is if his return has an effect on the pass rush, or has the pass rush just hit a wall late in the year. Big question going into the playoffs. If he has a positive effect, we have a real chance. 

I want to say that the Ford, Jones, and Blair injuries have caused an increase in snaps for Buck, AA, and Bosa, which wore them down and decreased their productivity. Bosa has played a LOT of snaps for a rookie, who wasn't even a 3 down EDGE in college. 

Edited by mw2noobbuster
  • Like 1

The video of Kwon looked pretty good yesterday. Had good range of motion and all that, but there’s a big difference between catching passes and running around a bit vs stretching out and tackling a 230lbs running back. We’ll see though. 

And I said it in the other thread but if Ford wasn’t going to come back I think they would have just gone ahead and got his knee surgery done. He’ll be back, hopefully next game. 

6 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

I disagree on Garland, though I will say I had no problem with him against the Seahawks. If he can play like that with consistency, I'll be okay with it. But he was brutal enough previously to be concerned. 

Dee Ford is the wildcard in there. The assumption is he will return. The question is if his return has an effect on the pass rush, or has the pass rush just hit a wall late in the year. Big question going into the playoffs. If he has a positive effect, we have a real chance. 

Garland has certainly not been the best, but I expected even less from him than what we're getting, so... it's a win?!