GDT 12/22/19 Week 16: 12-2 Baltimore Ravens @ 6-8 Cleveland Browns

RavensTillIDie

December 12th, 2019 1:00 PM (ET) on CBS

matchup-ravens-brownsjpg

I'll just leave these fun little quotes in here from Browns fans extracted from various threads throughout the course of the NFL season [1], [2], [3], [4]......

They are really taking the whole 'run the ball and play defense' thing to a whole new level in the year 2019. My concern is that nearly every offensive fad has been figured out by NFL defenses at some point. This just really seems like trying to make the 2012 tebow offense a actual long term project. It all hinges on if Jackson can develop into any sort of resemblance of a NFL passing QB threat. If he does, fine its workable--just have to hope againt injury which seems unlikely given his frame. If he doesnt, this will all go down in flames after 2019.

They could have been a wildcard team if they didn’t lose guys like CJ Mosley, Z Smith, and Weddle.

AKA terrible.

The Ravens will be looking for a new QB in 2020.

Not worried about it. Don’t be salty your QB is poopy.

Because he has to improve an incredible amount. His improvements would literally have to overshadow any other QB development for him to ever reach the category of "good" in terms of passing.

He looked inept and overwhelmed as a passer.

I just hate the argument that, "He's going to improve." I don't think people are realizing how much he would have to improve to be an effective passer. Plus that run game can't afford to take any dips in production or else he's absolute toast, along with the rest of that team. I cannot wait to have my opinion validated during the season.

At the end of the day the NFL will figure out how to keep him in the pocket and make him read defenses and make difficult throws from the pocket consistently. I’m not sure he’s gonna be able to do that.

lmao the Ravens... actually might've been able to win the playoff game if they didn't stick with Jackson who got all his stats in garbage time. 

The guy weighs 200 lbs, is 6'1" and was on pace to run the ball nearly 300 times last year. Vick in a full season was 123 times. And then your backup is RG Knee? Going with Lamar Jackson might be the stupidest decision by a FO since drafting Russell.

I stopped by to say good game and hope y’all represent the division well until the next time we spank dat azz. ;) 

Just in here to say good game.

Lamar is pretty good for a running back.

2015-01-29-HumblePie-thumb.jpg

The AFC North could be ours for a long time. Bengals are terrible, Steelers look like they are sinking and the Ravens before yesterday were highly overrated 

Hot Take:

Baltimore is an absolute dump. A post-apocalyptic wasteland would be an improvement.

Yeah it’s really not. That place is the worst. Crappy food, crappy people that I don’t understand with that really harsh dialect that supposedly counts as language. Anywhere you turn you fear for your life. 
And raven fan. I’ve never in my life said this about any fan base in all my years, but they’re the worst. I’ve been in the bowels of picksburg, Buffalo Cincinnati New York and etc and nothing trumps them. I’d quite literally have a beer with Stiller fans as I respect them. Cincinnati fan I’d have a beer AND dinner with them, at least they’re from Ohio and are normally fans of Ohio State. Raven fan? Hell no. Let’s put it this way, if I’m driving in remote territory, miles from any human contact and see a car stranded on the side of a road desperately in need of help?  I’d absolutely pull over and offer assistance in any way I can, until I see any raven paraphernalia. As soon as the occurs I say nope we’re too far in your head, get back in my car speed off and if there’s a puddle next to said raven fan I hit that mother effer as hard as I can and laugh my *** off. 

Baltimore does have some of the best riots on this side of the Mississippi though.

(During our previous meeting) I love it. Let's embarrass them.

If you’re not trolling in the Ravens GDT, are you even a fan?

Dropping 40 points and our nutsack on their head was hella fun and I’m gonna get my jollies.

Fart Modell

Ray Lewis

Brian Billick

Ray Rice

Eff them - all of 'em.

LaMaR JaCksON cAN ThrOW suPer Gud NOw!!!

Lamar Jackson is the most overrated QB in the league 

Beatdown couldn’t happen against a classier group of “fans.”

Ravens fans should feel blessed we came in there and gave their forum some damned foot traffic.

The rest of Baltimore is too busy murdering folks to talk football it seems.

Good job on closing down the Ravens GDT Dawg_LB. Seems like there was some water damage in that thread anyways so it was probably best to condemn it.

A lot of those fans are softer than the Ravens D.

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

PUT NAMES ON THOSE QUOTES YOU COWARD!

Also, I hope we hang 50 on the Browns. No mercy, just obliterate them.

I thought about it, but it was too much work since half of those threads were locked - meaning the quote feature was disabled. I'm petty, but I'm not putting in THAT level of effort for my pettiness. xD

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

PUT NAMES ON THOSE QUOTES YOU COWARD!

Also, I hope we hang 50 on the Browns. No mercy, just obliterate them.

Yup. No pulling if we're up. I wanna end them. We can rest next two weeks.

Edited by M.10.E

43 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Yup. No pulling if we're up. I wanna end them. We can rest next two weeks.

I actually think it’s better to pull Lamar. Would be fun for him to break the perfect passer rating record against them and have him sit in the 4th quarter while Baker is forced to finish the game. How embarrassing that would be for them to realize the inevitable and be sonned at the same time.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I actually think it’s better to pull Lamar. Would be fun for him to break the perfect passer rating record against them and have him sit in the 4th quarter while Baker is forced to finish the game. How embarrassing that would be for them to realize the inevitable and be sonned at the same time.

You guys are just gonna do everything you can to jinx us going into this game huh 

Someone is going to get banned this week, aren't they?

Please try to stick within the forum rules, and for the love of god don't tag mouthy Browns fans in this thread just to call them out for something they said elsewhere.  There's a reason why those quotes in the OP come from locked threads after all 

Hope to see the Ravens exorcise a demon from earlier this season, simultaneously making a statement to themselves that this team has settled an early season stomach ache and sending the Browns to an offseason of question marks. 

If the Ravens showed up flat in the last meeting, I feel like this weekend they will show up frothing at the mouth. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

You guys are just gonna do everything you can to jinx us going into this game huh 

True. I do have some slight concerns with the prospect for the Browns playing dirty to try and “end our season”.

But beyond that without a difference maker like Myles Garrett, I feel good about our chances to get the correct double teams for Mark Ingram to have a huge day. Hollywood Brown seemingly has big games on the road vs at home, so I’m expecting him to win me some 1st place fantasy finishes this week with his performance. Then throw in the fact that in the first meeting we didn’t have Peko who has made a big difference to our run defense, we didn’t have Jimmy Smith nor Marcus Peters or Chuck Clark in pass defense.

This is a much different defense and I think we can stifle their passing weapons and do more zero blitzes to fill the rushing lanes and also get after Baker. You know he’s going to be pressing because he’s playing against Lamar and he’ll want to prove that he’s better, which should lead to a few picks and short fields for us to score on.

I truly believe this game should get us back on track to that historic OSE season. But hey, we’ll see. It is a division game so perhaps the over-exuberance on my part is too much.

I just can’t see this team having 10 days to rest and prepare for this game and this game being the last challenge in front of this team to getting HFA locked up... and coming out unprepared and flat, which is the only way I could see this game being a “loss” or “close”. The weather isn’t expected to be a concern with winds at only 9mph and no precipitation expected outside of minor flurries.

So all told I would imagine this should be a comfortable victory, something similar to the Jets game in score.

• Like 1