Sign in to follow this  
showtime

Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks -- Week 16

I'm not sure if this game actually matters much in relation to who wins the NFC West.  Even if Seattle loses this game and the Niners beat the Rams, I believe they can still win the division as long as they beat the 49ers during their week 17 match-up.  I believe this is also the same situation with the Niners.  If Seattle wins and the Niners lose to the Rams, they could still win the division if they beat the Seahawks week 17.

Here's to hoping that no one on the Seahawks or Niners side gets injured this week.

Essentially meaningless game means those garbage birds are going to linger around all game. This one is going to be stressful and annoying, like every game against the Cards. The spirt of Bruce the Flea Arians still lingers in Arizona.

On 12/19/2019 at 10:58 AM, animaltested said:

Essentially meaningless game means those garbage birds are going to linger around all game. This one is going to be stressful and annoying, like every game against the Cards. The spirt of Bruce the Flea Arians still lingers in Arizona.

I said the game was meaningless as well, but it actually might not be.  Seeding comes into play here considering both New Orleans and Green Bay have similar records.  There's a chance the NFC West winner may not be a top two seed if both the Niners and Seahawks lose this week.

Duane Brown, Shaq Griffin, Clowney and Diggs all OUT today.

Like I stated previously, this game is meaningless, and I think Carroll realizes this. Better to rest anyone who needs it, and prepare for week 17. Chasing the #1 seed just really isn't that worth it IMO. Getting the BYE week would be nice though. 

This game is going to suck, and be very frustrating. 

Yes we had a ton of injuries but it's so frustrating watching other offenses in the NFL then watch the Seahawks still running something out of 1995.

I hate that we can win the division. We dont deserve it. I have no idea how Pete thinks King and Hill are the best options at corner and safety. Blair should be starting. Amadi should be outside unless we are in nickel. 

Just pathetic offense. Making the Cardinals D look like the 00 Ravens. 

I get that fans can be happy about making the playoffs and winning games but i care more about HOW we win. If all our wins are by 1 possession and all our losses are by 2 possessions we really are not a good team. We have no business being a top 12 team this year. I blame it all on scheme. Pete needs to change his philosophy on both sides of the ball or get players who are actually going to make his scheme work. That would mean investing heavy on the O-line and D-line. Which he never has done. I am very disappointed and frustrated with this team.

4 hours ago, RandomCampBody said:

Yes we had a ton of injuries but it's so frustrating watching other offenses in the NFL then watch the Seahawks still running something out of 1995.

Not really. I get your frustrations, but it is a modern offense. Focuses on the vertical passing game, lots of misdirection, movement and picks. 

The issue is the same its been. Seattle struggles dealing with athletes on the edges.

Arizona sold out on the run, won the battles up front (they were shooting gaps like crazy, Iupati, Pocic, Fluker, Hunt were whiffing big time). This allowed their edges to wreak havoc, disrupting the passing game. Without the time to wait for routes to development, the deep passing game was nullified, and Arizonas safeties were able to cheat up, causing more issues for Seattle underneath and running game. 

Trying to spread it out, and sling it would have made the problem worse. Chandler Jones was a man possessed (Didn't help Jamarco Jones is slow, with bad feet), he could have had 8 sacks if they went down that route. 

This game plan has been stifled Russell his whole career. Look back at some of the those Rams and Cardinal games from 2012-2016.

at least with Carson out we won't see a repeat of last year's wild card where we run into a stacked box for 2/3rds of the game