***Spoilers*** Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Deadpulse

11 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

This thread hopefully gets locked before I see someone try to defend this piece of crap. 

i don’t blame Abrams either, he had to put 2 films into one. 

No I blame Abrams, I blame Abrams again and again. No reason for him to exclude the most fundamental aspect of the Star Wars universe and what the entire story was that started it all and connected it all together.

F*** Abrams and his BS "lifelong fan" claim. 

Just now, hornbybrown said:

Seriously you can’t take shots at this movie if you haven’t seen it. It’s great

Not really.

To steal a line from Deadpulse its good movie but its not a good Star Wars movie, it had alot to like about it aside from its obvious drawbacks and there was some glaring plotholes like why Palpatine of all people who was obsessed with immortality even bother to have a child in the first place?

It did a great job of showing Palpatine's demigod like powers but then goes and have him killed like he was? He goes from God of Thunder to sparkles? Like Really?

It was good and it was much better written then TLJ thats for damn sure but some of the things in there are head scratchers. Though we finally got to see where Snoke comes from.

Just now, Knowledge said:

You cant be in here criticizing a film you haven't seen. That's the worst kind of fan

Oh, I am definitely going to give it a shot.  I know that I will probably like it in spite of what I feel about the spoilers.  I’ve liked every Star Wars movie I’ve seen, and although I don’t love Attack of the Clones, I still enjoy watching even that movie.  So I’m barking pretty loud, but my bite won’t be ****.  

I’ll probably be defending the movie about a month from now once I see it.  Just really not a fan of what they did with force ghosts.  Or with Rey/Kylo.  I was rooting for Kylo honestly.  I was hoping that Kylo and Rey would kinda pull together and lead some new offshoot of Jedi that called itself Skywalkers in homage to Anakin and Luke.  So I’m disappointed in how it went, but I’ll probably cry like a little ***** while watching R2 and Chewie in a victory lap.

As far as this entire trilogy, I’ll just consider it to equivalent to mop up duty in a football game.  The Super Bowl.

Obi Wan, Today, R2 and a couple others start the game poorly (prequel trilogy)

Obi Wan and Yoda get injured at the half and Luke/Leia/Han get their opportunity and Build up a monster lead, effectively winning the game.  

Rey, Finn, Poe finish off a late rally attempt with help from Luke, who gets injured, and Chewie/R2.  

I’m already making it work.  It’s like... If your team got a 21 point lead entering the 4th, this Abrams trilogy is the equivalent to letting it get to a one score game in garbage time.

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

After reading Abrams getting rid of The Prophecy I whole heartedly disagree. Watching it on screen was gut wrenching.

Eh, this one I won’t be too mad about.  I always thought the prophecy was stupid.  I might actually like it more if it kills the prophecy because the whole thing about the force is that it’s always in balance and always changing.  That’s what all of KOTOR is about.  I get the complaint though.  You’re a OT purist.  Can’t fault you for it, but I don’t agree with it.

My anger is already subsiding.  Kylo bringing Rey back to life will be like a Leia force moment from TLJ for me.