***Spoilers*** Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Deadpulse

17 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Treverrow's script leaked online, and just based on the script, it would have been far superior to this.

Honestly dont know how anyone could listen/read that and not come away with this feeling.

I would take the opening sequence alone over the entirety of RoS, and I dont even think thats the best part

Had a dream I went and saw this again and it had an alternate ending for whatever reason. Palpatine destroys all the rebel’s ships and his own star destroyer thingies cause he’s OP. Then Kylo and Rey work together and take him down and barely make it then as they’re leaving a storm breaks out cause exegal is falling apart like Mordor after Sauron bites it and Kylo and Rey are trying to lightspeed past that red obstacle course thingy and get hit by lightning and my dream ended. 

Also kinda funny palpatine is like comatose for a couple decades but in that time finds a more efficient weapon fleet than the Death Star with no materials to use and just a bunch of dingus servants to build them for him 

Saw this yesterday but I didn't have any major problems with it. Thought it was a fun watch. Haven't read the whole thread yet and probably won't but a couple of nit-picky things I thought of.

One of Rey's lightsabers at the end should have been green, it just would have made that scene look so much better.

If the plan all along was to bring Palpatine back, he should have been brought back in TFA, or atleast alluded to him existing/gathering power. Could have skipped introducing Snoke then because Snoke is Jar-Jar levels of bad. We just needed more Ian McDiarmid. 

But whatever, I didn't hate it and would watch it again. 

Edited by skywindO2

2 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

Saw this yesterday but I didn't have any major problems with it. Thought it was a fun watch. Haven't read the whole thread yet and probably won't but a couple of nit-picky things I thought of.

One of Rey's lightsabers at the end should have been green, it just would have made that scene look so much better.

If the plan all along was to bring Palpatine back, he should have been brought back in TFA, or atleast alluded to him existing/gathering power. Could have skipped introducing Snoke then because Snoke is Jar-Jar levels of bad. We just needed more Ian McDiarmid. 

But whatever, I didn't hate it and would watch it again. 

Palpatine wasn’t originally in the plans 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2020 at 2:03 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

I'm a huge Star Wars fan but I just can't get into anything that's animated, so I'm afraid I can't share your enthusiasm for them.  I gave Clone Wars a try and just couldn't get past the first DVD of the set.  

Since you will never watch Rebels, you should at least watch this scene. I thought it did a great job of carrying over the prequel to the OT. Let's just say that it actually reference Phantom Menace in a good but subtle way.

10 hours ago, thrILL! said:

maybe their best one yet.  Hilariously well done. 

Haha i especially love the part where Finn just screams at everyone.  Because that's what it felt like during the actual movie too.  Dude, just chill.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Movie can still go **** itself for killing Kylo but the new book has info that I can kinda get behind. That Rey’s dad was a failed palpatine clone that was powerless and good and that the broken palpatine in the movie was a clone that broke after being imparted with palpatines spirit and power. Having palpatine survive undermined like the entire Anakin arc over his whole life and the original trilogy too but him just being a clone of the big bad done by the weird sith cronies on hexegel or whatever is something I can get behind.