***Spoilers*** Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

Deadpulse

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Eh, this one I won’t be too mad about.  I always thought the prophecy was stupid.  I might actually like it more if it kills the prophecy because the whole thing about the force is that it’s always in balance and always changing.  That’s what all of KOTOR is about.  I get the complaint though.  You’re a OT purist.  Can’t fault you for it, but I don’t agree with it.

My anger is already subsiding.  Kylo bringing Rey back to life will be like a Leia force moment from TLJ for me.

The Prophecy with Anakin being the Chosen One is the entire story of the series and again is the root core of the entire universe.

There are so many other aspects to the universe but is the one that Star Wars itself was based off of with Anakin bringing balance. 

And it came from Lucas himself before he completely sold out. Its as essential to the Jedi/Skywalker/Emperor/Empire/etc as the force is itself. Doesnt matter if you dont like it, its how it is.

I dont like Jar Jar but he is canon and The Prophecy is as canon as it gets.

Also, I’m not gonna be hard on people who hate this movie.  That is some crazy absurd stuff I’ve read.  I’m going to make it work and try to love this as much as I can because there are too few Star Wars movies to harp on things and there will clearly be loads of enjoyable stuff in this movie, but...

Star Wars fans deserve better.  Billions and billions and billions of dollars, literally has to be close to 100 billion dollars when considering ancillary markets, and we have one flawless trilogy to show for it.  I’m confident in saying that me, @Calvert28 and a room full of 6 other people who have gotten into heated discussions on Star Wars, plus @Malfatron, could write a better trilogy than what we’ve been given.  Disney should be ashamed and embarrassed.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

The Prophecy with Anakin being the Chosen One is the entire story of the series and again is the root core of the entire universe.

There are so many other aspects to the universe but is the one that Star Wars itself was based off of with Anakin bringing balance. 

And it came from Lucas himself before he completely sold out. Its as essential to the Jedi/Skywalker/Emperor/Empire/etc as the force is itself. Doesnt matter if you dont like it, its how it is.

I dont like Jar Jar but he is canon and The Prophecy is as canon as it gets.

But you understand what a prophecy is, right?  Who is to say that the prophecy wasn’t misinterpreted?  Vader’s lineage includes Luke, Leia, Kylo.  Did he not, by virtue of his legacy, bring balance to the force?  

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Also, I’m not gonna be hard on people who hate this movie.  That is some crazy absurd stuff I’ve read.  I’m going to make it work and try to love this as much as I can because there are too few Star Wars movies to harp on things and there will clearly be loads of enjoyable stuff in this movie, but...

Star Wars fans deserve better.  Billions and billions and billions of dollars, literally has to be close to 100 billion dollars when considering ancillary markets, and we have one flawless trilogy to show for it.  I’m confident in saying that me, @Calvert28 and a room full of 6 other people who have gotten into heated discussions on Star Wars, plus @Malfatron, could write a better trilogy than what we’ve been given.  Disney should be ashamed and embarrassed.  

Well when you care more about preaching politics then story telling this is what you get as a fan. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Well when you care more about preaching politics then story telling this is what you get as a fan. 

And I totally get that complaint.  It’s BS.  Absolute horse****.  The original trilogy was timeless because it was clear cut good versus evil. Disney trying to put current political discussion into a movie is horse**** no matter which end of the political spectrum you’re on.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I’m not into all star wars like some are, which is cool. I loved the original trilogy and loved the prequels. I didn’t really care for Episode 7 and 8, but I was intrigued to see who Rey was.

Abrams : Rey is Palpatines granddaughter

tf? What clues in the first two movies would lead me to believe that? 

Palpatine being alive ruins Anakins arc, he was supposed to bring balance. He died to save his son. 

Damn, This movie is going to become like JL. 

• Like 1

Just now, Outpost31 said:

But you understand what a prophecy is, right?  Who is to say that the prophecy wasn’t misinterpreted?  Vader’s lineage includes Luke, Leia, Kylo.  Did he not, by virtue of his legacy, bring balance to the force?  

Haha I've heard this one before and I really thought it was true because it was essentially Luke who redeemed and saved Vader who "killed" the emperor. But no Lucas confirmed that it was Anakin and Anakin alone. 

People picked up on the misinterpretation because of what Yoda said in AoC with the prophecy being misread possibly. George Lucas put that in there deliberately to show even Yoda made the mistake in questioning the prophecy and their arrogance was their downfall. Obi Wan was kinda the only one who really believed in Anakin bringing balance but Yoda and the others excluded him rather then trying to help guide him and it worked in Palpatine's favor while he was spreading discord and mistrust.

That's essentially where it all started. But Lucas made it clear it was Anakin in a interview that he was the one who brought the Force back into balance. 

4 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

I’m not into all star wars like some are, which is cool. I loved the original trilogy and loved the prequels. I didn’t really care for Episode 7 and 8, but I was intrigued to see who Rey was.

Abrams : Rey is Palpatines granddaughter

tf? What clues in the first two movies would lead me to believe that? 

Palpatine being alive ruins Anakins arc, he was supposed to bring balance. He died to save his son. 

Damn, This movie is going to become like JL. 

Well like I said, this movie just undid the main aspect of Star Wars. 

While the Star Wars universe most important aspect in terms of lore is the Force itself.

For the story itself and to heal the Force the Chosen One was basically the messiah who defeated evil once and for all. 

4 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

The end of the Skywalker saga, the story of Anakin Skywalker, has almost no Anakin Skywalker.

**** you, Disney.

This movie was garbage.

Welcome back my man! Want a beer? Or with that type of response maybe saying hello to our old friend John Daniels?

I liked it. Ending was a bit of a mess, between Palpatine confrontation being underwhelming and a bit confusing, Kylo predictably reviving Rey, the awkward kiss... but overall good movie. SHOCKED it has sub 60% on RT.  

I came into this expecting an awful film, but it was better than TLJ.

Think this trilogy had so much potential, if only it had been organized... Kylo’s arc, while predictable from the get go, was still quality stuff. If there were hints of Palpatine leading up to the finale, rather than just popping up and dying in the same film, that would have felt much more impactful.  

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss
  • Like 1