LIONS BRINGING PATRICIA AND QUINN BACK FOR 2020

Karnage84

Being realistic isn't just staring at the final record and basing next year's predictions on that alone. (And pretending that what took place 40+ years ago has any bearing on the 2020 season is flawed reasoning, in my opinion.)

Had Stafford played all 16 games and this team finished 3-12-1, I wouldn't think it likely that this team finish with 10+ wins next year. That wasn't the case. We finished 3-4-1 with him, after losing two extremely close games against two playoff teams. I don't think it's any stretch that we could've ended up with 8-9 wins this year had Stafford not been injured, and I expect this team to only improve in the off-season.

We're adding the 3rd overall pick (value) and plenty of cap space to a healthy Stafford. I've never guaranteed that this team would finish with 10+ wins, but only asserted that it's absolutely possible. And it is. This isn't homerism or blind optimism: it's fact. Stating that it's impossible to finish with 10+ wins in 2020 is quite simply not true.

19 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Haha now Pasqualoni and Davidson are out too, but they got to go a couple of days later and claim they were going to live on a farm with a nice family, lol. We're going to coach the damn Senior Bowl and our whole defensive staff just got whacked. Hoo boy.

Did we really want Pasqualoni to come back anyway? No. Patricia has a great personal relationship and a world of respect for the guy. He wasn't going to just cut him loose and toss him aside. The defense really struggled and PP had to know that it was time to step away. There was talk about Patricia maybe looking to keep him as a Defensive Assistant or something. PP decided he'd rather step away entirely and good for him at his age. 

The Senior Bowl isn't for another 3 weeks. Why are we acting like it's going to happen tomorrow? They'll fill most if not all of those spots by then. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

Did we really want Pasqualoni to come back anyway? No. Patricia has a great personal relationship and a world of respect for the guy. He wasn't going to just cut him loose and toss him aside. The defense really struggled and PP had to know that it was time to step away. There was talk about Patricia maybe looking to keep him as a Defensive Assistant or something. PP decided he'd rather step away entirely and good for him at his age. 

The Senior Bowl isn't for another 3 weeks. Why are we acting like it's going to happen tomorrow? They'll fill most if not all of those spots by then. 

The point is that everything this staff does is awkward and laughable

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

The point is that everything this staff does is awkward and laughable

What would your position have been if they retained most of the staff because they were near the top of the selections to coach the Senior Bowl? What about if they weren't selected? It just feels like a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation where a section of the fan-base will be dissatisfied with anything and everything.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

What would your position have been if they retained most of the staff because they were near the top of the selections to coach the Senior Bowl? What about if they weren't selected? It just feels like a damned if they do, damned if they don't situation where a section of the fan-base will be dissatisfied with anything and everything.

Yes it is totally that. They are damned till they win. If you think that's not fair, tough. I didn't put them in that position. 

Oh and my position would be the same as it is now: everything they do is laughable. Again, not my invention. 

Edited by Superduperman
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Yes it is totally that. They are damned till they win. If you think that's not fair, tough. I didn't put them in that position. 

Oh and my position would be the same as it is now: everything they do is laughable. Again, not my invention. 

Thank goodness. As long as you can openly admit that you'll knowingly and intentionally act without reason, we can save ourselves a lot of time.

On 1/2/2020 at 3:24 AM, 66PinG said:

Your defense plays well enough to keep you in close games with chances to win.

Wait... what? The defense was terrible. It's hard to remember a game where the defense didn't give up points in the last minutes of a half/game. The team as a whole played well enough the games weren't blow outs, but whenever one stop was needed, they came up short time and time again.

4 minutes ago, 66PinG said:

It certainly was not the offense keeping the lions in so many close games.

Was it the 31st ranked yards/game or the 26th ranked points/game that impressed you most about the defense? Fewest INTs? Tied for 2nd fewest sacks? 

How many games did the Lions lose in the 4th qtr? I cannot blame a defense for being gassed.nyell, they beat the Packers twice, until they didn't How does a team lead two games for 120 minutes and lose? Exhausted defense, that's how. And that is only against the Packers. Your D did not lose those games. It was the offenses complete ineptness that forced your d to be exhausted and still fighting.

The lions without Stafford are the joke you believe them to be.

I still remember the GBP last year with 6 wins nobody gave them a chance, 13 wins later, swept the division, playing the "mighty" seasquaks in the divisional. Life looks good right now.

fact remains, the lions lost a lot of close games, this could do a complete 180 next year. The Lions are a lot better than you credit them to be.

blasphemy, I know, but I think the lions would have won against the cheatriots this last WC weekend if they played in the same conference.

The lions are better than you think.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2020 at 7:13 PM, Superduperman said:

Fair enough, to each their own. At least we're clear on your position. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 66PinG said:

How many games did the Lions lose in the 4th qtr? I cannot blame a defense for being gassed.nyell, they beat the Packers twice, until they didn't How does a team lead two games for 120 minutes and lose? Exhausted defense, that's how. And that is only against the Packers. Your D did not lose those games. It was the offenses complete ineptness that forced your d to be exhausted and still fighting.

The lions without Stafford are the joke you believe them to be.

I still remember the GBP last year with 6 wins nobody gave them a chance, 13 wins later, swept the division, playing the "mighty" seasquaks in the divisional. Life looks good right now.

fact remains, the lions lost a lot of close games, this could do a complete 180 next year. The Lions are a lot better than you credit them to be.

blasphemy, I know, but I think the lions would have won against the cheatriots this last WC weekend if they played in the same conference.

The lions are better than you think.

So the defense's inability to get a stop when it mattered.... impressed you?

Alright...

3 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

So the defense's inability to get a stop when it mattered.... impressed you?

Alright...

He's clearly arguing that their inability to get that stop was largely due to them being exhausted. I don't necessarily agree with the argument as it pertains to the 2019 Lions, but it's not hard to understand his point.