Week 16 Games

Leader

Favorites List 16.0

Green Bay over Minnesota (H)  -  (Green Bay clinches the NFCN crown)
Houston over Tampa Bay (H)  -  (HOU needs to win this...but TB might)
Buffalo over New England (H)  -  (Buffalo comes of age)
Atlanta (H) over Jacksonville  -  (The Falcons look to end the 2019 season on a positive note)
Baltimore over Cleveland (H)  -  (Freddy Kitchen's last home game end appropriately)
New Orleans over Tennessee (H)  -  (Dont see TEN pulling the upset here)
Carolina over Indianapolis (H)  -  (Two dead in the water teams)
Miami (H) over Cincinnati  -  (CIN claims the #1 draft pick)
Pittsburgh over New York Jets (H)  -  (Tomlin beats Gase)
New York Giants over Washington (H)  -  (Who knows)
Denver (H) over Detroit  -  (DET packed it in a few weeks ago)
Los Angeles Chargers (H) over Oakland  -  (The LAC will win this...not sure why I think that)
Kansas City over Chicago (H)  -  (KC cant run...but they wont have to here)

Special Interest Games:
Dallas over Philadelphia (H)  -  (The Eagles have been putting a team together with smoke and mirrors)
San Francisco (H) over Los Angeles Rams  -  (Tempted to take the LAR...but cant...not after Dallas)
Seattle (H) over Arizona  -  (SEA wont lose here)

Playoff Rankings:
Seattle (11+3)
Green Bay (11+3)
New Orleans  (11+3)
Dallas (7+7)
San Francisco (11+3)
Minnesota (10+4)

Week 15 record:  10 + 6
YTD:  136 + 81

Edited by Leader

Jameis Winston needs just three more interceptions in the final 6.5 quarters of his season to break Favre’s all-time interception record. 

Favre did it in 2005 with Robert Ferguson, Rod Gardner and Koren Robinson as his receivers.  Will Whiticker I think as a starting guard.  Samkon Gado as his RB.  

The Buccaneers are just crazy to me.  They're down by 14, now it's tied.  Winston was like 5/13 for 46 yards and 3 interceptions, and now he's passed for 198 yards plus a TD since then. 

I have never actually watched a Buccs game and I have to imagine they're one of the more exciting offenses in the NFL.  I just cannot fathom having a quarterback in this era of the NFL (where receivers are protected, quarterbacks are protected and it has literally never been harder for pass rushers or defensive backs to) to have turned the ball over 32 times with 6 quarters left on the year.  

He has had a SINGLE game all year in which he has not turned the ball over. 

4 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

The Bucs with a healthy Evans and Godwin are a fun team to watch.  Reckless QB with excellent WR's.  A perfect match for the Arians offense.

So ...

Reckless QB and Excellent WR =  7-8

Overly Conservative QB and Weak WR = 11-3

Its possible we strike three home runs in a row but the likelihood is, the people asking for Packers to get a new QB are going to be get the mother and father of all wake-up calls one day. You don't know what you've got till its gone. 

Winston truly is a modern day Lynn Dickey, right down to the great set of WR's and talented TE.  The thing is, the Dickey years weren't all bad, and some of them were kind of fun.  Watching the post-Rodgers Packers hit rock bottom could be kind of interesting just for the opportunity to see how GB fans who have never experienced a truly terrible team would react.  As a kid watching the Packers in the late 70's - early 80's, it never occurred to me that some day the Packers might actually be good.  Now I've seen 2 SB wins.  It's all gravy from here as far as I'm concerned.  More SB wins would be nice, but I'm good either way.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Winston truly is a modern day Lynn Dickey, right down to the great set of WR's and talented TE.  The thing is, the Dickey years weren't all bad, and some of them were kind of fun.  Watching the post-Rodgers Packers hit rock bottom could be kind of interesting just for the opportunity to see how GB fans who have never experienced a truly terrible team would react.  As a kid watching the Packers in the late 70's - early 80's, it never occurred to me that some day the Packers might actually be good.  Now I've seen 2 SB wins.  It's all gravy from here as far as I'm concerned.  More SB wins would be nice, but I'm good either way.

If I had a dollar for every time somebody on this forum boasted about having watched an awful packer team back in the day, while they pontificate about how badly younger fans will react to the team becoming mediocre, I would have enough money to buy this forum from Webby and make doing so a bannable offense.