Week 16 GDT: Packers @ Minnesota Vikings (MNF)

squire12

Time:   7:15 PM CENTRAL TIME Monday December 23 2019

TV:  ESPN

CONTESTANTS:   

Green Bay Packers (11-3) 1st place in the NFC North

GB OFFENSE

336.6 yards /game (21st)

230.1 yards/game passing (17th)

106.5 yards/game rushing (17th)

23.6 ppg (14th)

GB DEFENSE

371.3 yards /game (23rd)

250.4 yards/game passing (22nd)

120.9 yards/game rushing (24th)

20.2 ppg (9th)

VS

Minnesota Vikings (10-4) 2nd  place in the NFC North

MIN OFFENSE

372.6 yards /game (10th)

236.8  yards/game passing (12th)

135.9 yards/game rushing (4th)

27.0 ppg (6th)

MIN DEFENSE

338.9 yards /game (14th)

239.9 yards/game passing (20th)

99.0 yards/game rushing (8th)

18.5 ppg (6th)

Individual leaders 

GREEN BAY

Aaron Rodgers – 300 of 474 for 63.3% -- 3,463 yards & 7.3 y/att -- 24 TD / 2 INT   RATING 100.4

Aaron Jones – 188 att 830 yards -- 4.4 y/car – 14TD

Davante Adams – 63 rec -- 788 yards --12.5 y/rec – 4TD

Blake Martinez – 140 total tackles – 2 sacks – 6 TFL

Preston Smith – 52 total tackles – 11.5 sacks – 12 TFL – 1 INT

Za’Darius Smith – 47 total tackles – 10 sacks –12.5 TFL

Kevin King – 59 total tackles – 1 sack – 2.5 TFL – 4 INT

MINNESOTA

Kirk Cousins– 291 of 413 for 70.5% -- 3,481 yards & 8.4 Y/att – 25TD /5 INT   RATING 111.1

Dalvin Cook – 250 att – 1,135 yards – 4.5 y/car – 13TD

Stephon Diggs – 60 rec – 1,073 yards – 17.9 y/rec – 5 TD

Eric Kendricks  – 110 total tackles – 4.5 TFL – 0.5 Sacks

Danielle Hunter – 65 total tackles – 13.5 sacks – 17 TFL

Anthony Harris - 57 tackles - 1 TFL - 5 INT

GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=14037770

Edited by squire12

Game of the year, no doubt! Win and we likely get a first round bye. Lose and we're the 3 seed in all likelihood and have to do it again at Lambeau in 2 weeks. 

You've got to read some of the comments from people about this song! Priceless! LOL 

Edited by Golfman

If you're the Vikings, are you selling out to win this game or are you holding anything back knowing we could be playing again in two weeks? If I'm the Packers, I'm doing everything I can to get the W and ensure a bye, but the Vikings (knock on wood) probably don't have much to gain by winning. If they could eke out a win with, say, 80% effort and then come into Lambeau with a bunch of unscouted looks in their back pocket, that's pretty ideal for them.

Just now, Lodestar said:

If you're the Vikings, are you selling out to win this game or are you holding anything back knowing we could be playing again in two weeks? If I'm the Packers, I'm doing everything I can to get the W and ensure a bye, but the Vikings (knock on wood) probably don't have much to gain by winning. If they could eke out a win with, say, 80% effort and then come into Lambeau with a bunch of unscouted looks in their back pocket, that's pretty ideal for them.

its been awhile since I saw an AJ Hawk Av.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Lodestar said:

If we win we likely wouldn't face them until the NFC Championship game. We'd be the #2 seed in all likelihood and they will be #6, locked in so that doesn't seem like a plausible strategy. Plus, a rivalry game, they want to put it to us and vice versa. 

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

If we win we likely wouldn't face them until the NFC Championship game. We'd be the #2 seed in all likelihood and they will be #6, locked in so that doesn't seem like a plausible strategy. Plus, a rivalry game, they want to put it to us and vice versa. 

If we win, sure. But what about the scenario I described where they scrape out a win with 80% effort? They've blown us out at that field before so it's not like they necessarily have to show everything in order to beat us. Worse case for them, they lose and no big deal.

Just now, Lodestar said:

If we win, sure. But what about the scenario I described where they scrape out a win with 80% effort? They've blown us out at that field before so it's not like they necessarily have to show everything in order to beat us. Worse case for them, they lose and no big deal.

Yeah, teams don't win in the NFL with 80% effort. We'd have to implode if they were giving 80% effort. I don't see anything but their best shot on Monday night! They need to be building momentum as well going into the playoffs.