Week 16 GDT: Packers @ Minnesota Vikings (MNF)

squire12

13 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Honestly, this is disturbing, and part and parcel why I have hard feelings about the purples.  Outside of Barr and Moss, I’ve never actually hated the team itself.  It’s mostly the obsessed and demented fans I can’t stand.  Disclaimer - most of the Vikings fans on this forum are pretty decent.  It’s damn near every other Viking fan I’ve ever encountered that I just can’t stomach.  The above “Top five sports moment” is on par with their ridiculous and sick mentality.

There are a couple of Vikings fans in my retirement community that are ridiculous.  One lady ranted about hoping Favre would kick our tails when he wore purple and how she hoped our team would leave GB, etc., when she learned we were from Green Bay after first meeting us!  The fools on NBC's Pro Football talk website are like this as well.  smh

13 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

To be fair I'm betting Charles Martin's body slam of Jim McMahon would have been voted pretty darn high on a poll of best Packers play of the 80s.

I'm no Bears fan but that was bush and there is no way that was the best play of the 80s.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Bridgewater and Peterson were celebrated by Packer fans I know. I'm sure a few here celebrated those guys getting injured and laughed about in their private messages. I've been on this too long to think otherwise.

The only reason I would list Peterson as a player I hated is because of his treatment of his kid.  

• Like 2