Week 16 GDT: Packers @ Minnesota Vikings (MNF)

squire12

On 12/20/2019 at 6:38 PM, SteelKing728 said:

Check the ESPN playoff machine.

Min beats GB

SF beats LAR

Min beats Chi

Sea beats SF

GB beats Det

LAR would need to beat SF in this scenario.

Still can get 5th seed just need to win the last two and have SF beat Seattle last week.

Edited by Kenrik
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

Ugly time in less than 24 hours. 
Not that I don’t have a radio face myself, but I am rooting for a couple of guys in particular to be named team captains. 

Feel you why I am trying not to get too excited about this game.  National TV Mon night at the Queens.  Ughhh...Think the Packers will want this game more if that means anything.  Probably not.  Spread is 5.5.  People are betting heavy on the Packers all the more reason to hate this game.

1 minute ago, Scoremore said:

Feel you why I am trying not to get too excited about this game.  National TV Mon night at the Queens.  Ughhh...Think the Packers will want this game more if that means anything.  Probably not.  Spread is 5.5.  People are betting heavy on the Packers all the more reason to hate this game.

Man, I'm not seeing that! I think we can beat them, but we have to be in Cousins' face all night long. Rodgers has to play a lot better too. 

3 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Man, I'm not seeing that! I think we can beat them, but we have to be in Cousins' face all night long. Rodgers has to play a lot better too. 

if they are who they are the Packers won't win. They will have to play much better if they want to go anywhere this year.  Rodgers and his WR's especially.  Spread the ball around and hit the open guy.  No dropped passes.  Minny is playing really good ball.  Honestly after watching the Packers all season I am not giving them much of a chance in this one.  Maybe they have another gear we haven't seen yet.

If they take this game I'll get on the hype train and  be very pleasantly surprised.  Die hard fan as you know but if I was forced to bet on this one I'd take Minny and give the 5.5 points.  Remember going into the Divisional round against Atlanta and was sure the Packers would lose that one too.  That was a shocker and they rode it all the way to the Superbowl.  Packers win and Rodgers breaks out the belt I'll be feeling much better about our chances. 

We are going to win the division of that I am sure.  Vikings clinched a playoff spot maybe they will let up a little and rest some guys. Nothing for them to gain in this one.  Zimmer is a prick so not counting on it.

Bears suck getting their butts handed to them.  Ugly just ugly.

32 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Since 2012 the Packers and Rodgers are 5-23 on the road against winning teams.

Man that's an ugly stat.  Thanks for that.  Not helping Cannondale o.O If we had them at home I'd like our chances. Guess that's the bottom line.  Road game against a tough team.  

Edited by Scoremore

8 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Man that's an ugly stat.  Thanks for that.  Not helping Cannondale o.O If we had them at home I'd like our chances. Guess that's the bottom line.  Road game against a tough team.  

Bet a million on every game and then look down at all the little people

25 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Bet a million on every game and then look down at all the little people

:D Well first I'd need a million.  Then I'd quickly lose it.  Besides could never bring myself to bet against the Packers.  Had a hard time last year hoping they would lose for draft position.  It's a tough place to be.  Do pay attention to betting lines and the like.  62% are taking the Packers and the points.(it's fluid)  Opening line was 4.5.  Cook got hurt and the line is 5 now.  Doesn't make a lot of sense.  Think taking the Packers is a sucker bet.  Oddshark's predicted outcome has us getting blown out.  31-13 Vikes.  They called the SF game hope they are wrong about this one.   If the Packers play em tough and not embarrass ourselves I'll take it. They win I'll be ecstatic.  Go in with low expectations less heartbreak that way.  Had this one penciled in as a loss at the beginning of the season haven't seen anything that makes me change my mind.

Edited by Scoremore

14 minutes ago, Down to Earth said:

With Seattle's injury situation,  no way they lose to the 49ers.

They got a big home field advantage.  Wouldn't count them out.  Seattle is a tough place to play.  Anyone believe Seattle would drop one against AZ.  Or SF would lose to Atl?  Seattle has a good shot to knock them off.  

26 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

They got a big home field advantage.  Wouldn't count them out.  Seattle is a tough place to play.  Anyone believe Seattle would drop one against AZ.  Or SF would lose to Atl?  Seattle has a good shot to knock them off.  

Home field is one thing, but SEA simply hasnt been playing that well IMO. With this fresh rash of injuries - I think their first and second string RBs are both down now - I'll be surprised if they beat SF.