Week 16 GDT: Packers @ Minnesota Vikings (MNF)

squire12

9 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

And for the record, I hate the Vikings 1,000 times more than @ThatJerkDave hates the Bears.

I think a lot depends where in the state you live.  Western, central and northern Wis. I believe "hate" the Vikings much more than the Bears.  Southern and eastern part of the state it's the other way around.  For me, it's not even close ... Vikings still suck more than the Bears ... by a bunch!

Edited by coachbuns
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I never really hated the Vikings.  Always liked a lot of their players.  Even kinda wanted Favre to win one with them after we were out in 2009.  Loved Jared Allen, loved Adrian Peterson until his thing with the stick.  Love Harrison Smith.  They’ve just never been good enough for me to hate them.  Same with Da Bears.  Teams I hate include the Seahawks and Patriots.  Also hate the Niners.  

The craziest sh** I've seen you post (and that's saying something).  Shallowest fanbase in the league.  After we win you will be able to hear their bandwagon screeching to a halt.  It will be louder than 'Row the Boat' hitting the Badger Iceberg!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Keg Man said:

Certainly not definitive and just an opinion, but I see the same thing and agree with this article 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/lombardiave.com/2019/12/16/packers-aaron-rodgers-problem/amp/

Rodgers has made some boneheaded decisions this year.  One would hope his coaches are addressing this issue.  I have no problem with MLF.   Early in the game AR will follow his HC's script and we usually get a lead.  But his play regresses when he improvises later in the games.  :(

12 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If there was ever a game to unleash Gary, this is it. Fast, explosive player on a fast track. Gary again only played 18 snaps versus the Bears compared to 42 for Fackrell. Gary needs a minimum of 25-30 snaps this game IMO. He could be an X-factor on defense for us. 

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x

32 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If there was ever a game to unleash Gary, this is it. Fast, explosive player on a fast track. Gary again only played 18 snaps versus the Bears compared to 42 for Fackrell. Gary needs a minimum of 25-30 snaps this game IMO. He could be an X-factor on defense for us. 

While I have higher hopes for Gary than many on here, let's not get carried away. The slight progress is good to see, but he's still a raw rookie. The guys to unleash in this game continue to be Smith and Smith and hope Gary/Fack can contribute.

41 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

While I have higher hopes for Gary than many on here, let's not get carried away. The slight progress is good to see, but he's still a raw rookie. The guys to unleash in this game continue to be Smith and Smith and hope Gary/Fack can contribute.

Playing Gary more has no effect on the Smiths. I'm not taking them out the game nor would you with Gary on the field because Z plays inside as much as he does on the Edge. But I simply do not see the logic in giving Fackrell double the amount of snaps as Gary, especially on a surface like Minnesota. Simply take 10-15 of Fackrell's snaps and give them to Gary. 

Just now, KFP7 said:

Gary figures it out right now and is all of a sudden a push rushing beast.  Z Smith inside with Clark, P Smith/Gary outside.   Can we have a front 4 similar to the 9-7 Giants that won the super bowl?  

No.  Their interior pressure existed.  Ours does not.